Turn on thread page Beta

Supplementary grant watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey

So when I applied for student finance (wales) I checked the box that said apply for everything I can.

On 1st October 2015 my application for my part-time grant was approved. Under that it said I had an:

INTERIM *** SUPPLEMENTARY GRANT *** STUDENT***PROGRESSING

I spoke to student finance who said because I have no dependants that it is just an error and to ignore it. However on google searches it states because I have a mental health disability that I would be entitled to an extra grant.

Student finance wales on facebook have also confirmed that I am entitled to the extra grant for mental health reasons.

Im so confused because the call centre tell me im not but all forums and the facebook page say I am....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I would phone up again and explain to them that you have mental health issues, and ask whether it has been overlooked in your application.

ReputationRep:
    They have said again today if I have no dependants that I wouldn't be entitled to it. I'm not bothered either way as I wasn't expecting it. I'm just confused at why I've got it progressing if I'm not entitled to it lol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by sat443)
    They have said again today if I have no dependants that I wouldn't be entitled to it. I'm not bothered either way as I wasn't expecting it. I'm just confused at why I've got it progressing if I'm not entitled to it lol
    Have you applied for disability student allowance? I got that for mental health issues.

ReputationRep:
    Yer but in all honesty is it worth it? what do they actually reimburse u?

Is the supplementary grant from the DSA?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yer but in all honesty is it worth it? what do they actually reimburse u?

Is the supplementary grant from the DSA?
    I got equipment to help me with my studies, it does depend on the severity of your illnesses.

ReputationRep:
    What sort of equipment? I'm debating on whether it will be of benefit to me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    What sort of equipment? I'm debating on whether it will be of benefit to me
    I got a laptop, a printer scanner, a Livescribe pen that converts my work into microsoft word, read and write gold, and I have a non-medical support helper. My ink for my pen and printer gets reimbursed.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    DSA would also be things like extra time in exams and other exam arrangements.

ReputationRep:
    Will do it then

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.