Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lads - do you moisturise/exfoliate? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Do you look after your skin?
    I moisturise
    23.08%
    I exfoliate
    3.85%
    I moisturise and exfoliate
    38.46%
    I don't do anything, but still have good skin
    26.92%
    I don't do anything, and have bad skin
    7.69%

ReputationRep:
    As someone that hasn't got the best of skin but is planning to make an effort to clean it up and generally get healthier, I'm wondering how so many guys have such great skin. I have a pretty average diet - not too healthy, but not all that unhealthy either - but my skin isn't great. I can't imagine that the vast majority of guys have a better diet, but they all seem to have better skin, and I'm wondering why. Are all those guys moisturising, which I also have trouble believing, or are they just blessed with decent genetics?

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is just to figure out how common it is amongst guys to look after their skin, not least to make me feel a little better about doing it. :laugh: Poll results are anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    lol, no. I have better things to do with my time.

Just wash your face twice a day.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you guys do...

ReputationRep:
    I do and my skin still isn't great :L

ReputationRep:
    Face scrub + Olay Moisturiser/Cocoa butter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    lol, no. I have better things to do with my time.

Just wash your face twice a day.
    Like post on TSR? Clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)
    As someone that hasn't got the best of skin but is planning to make an effort to clean it up and generally get healthier, I'm wondering how so many guys have such great skin. I have a pretty average diet - not too healthy, but not all that unhealthy either - but my skin isn't great. I can't imagine that the vast majority of guys have a better diet, but they all seem to have better skin, and I'm wondering why. Are all those guys moisturising, which I also have trouble believing, or are they just blessed with decent genetics?

Anyway, the purpose of this thread is just to figure out how common it is amongst guys to look after their skin, not least to make me feel a little better about doing it. :laugh: Poll results are anonymous.
    Majority of the time it does come down to genetics, as you have some people who have the best diets and skin care regime yet they still break out, and then you have others who just eat junk and still have flawless skin.

But they are in the minority. As for my regime I use a moisturiser with a sun factor included, and not much else, as most of time I realise that keeping it simple is better rather than being orthodox and going over the top by of cleanse, tone and moisturize which is mostly for those that wear make-up.

So I don't need it as my skin is fairly good anyway, so over doing it, may irritate the skin follicle and cause a break out. Which is best to avoid, so I tread very lightly and exfoliate probably once a week at most. sometimes once a month. And cleanse every morning and evening with a very soft cleanser with no harsh chemicals that may cause dryness or irritation.

But it really all depends on your skin type as mine is very sensitive and will break out at any sign of irritation, so i keep it as simple as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    the oldest and least funny joke on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I hardly touch my face!

Other than wiping the sleep out of my eyes and sticking my face under the hot shower every morning I don't tend to use any product on my face. I don't need to as I haven't had to suffer through breakouts at all, even during puberty - I think it's down to genetics and what you're putting into your body.

I've heard the best thing anyone can do to improve the quality of their skin is to drink water - just water. Hydration is the key people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashim123)

I do drink lots of water, so that could explain why my skin is so healthy- I also try to include a lot of fruits/veg to my diet. I moisturise my face every single day without fail and i occasionally i mean (rarely) exfoliate!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know how it can help the skin actually; care to educate me please?

ReputationRep:
    Our skin is an organ which is made up of cells. Cells which contain water. To work at their best and to properly function at all, cells need to be hydrated well.

ReputationRep:
    Genetics brah, sorry. Some of us just got lucky in that department.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by So Instinct)
    :giggle::giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I think you all should
    It makes such a difference!

ReputationRep:
    Exfoliate, moisturise, face masks. I do it all :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I scrub my face with bulldog face scrub 2 or 3 times a week, feels a lot cleaner, removes blackheads, prevents spots etc.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do. Most guys don't because of the stigma associated with taking care of your appearance in any way. Lol

ReputationRep:
    I just wash my face with water :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    Yep use bulldog face wash every morning and Nivea for men face cream to moisturise. It's a must for me tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.