The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cosmicsparrow
I'm STILL waiting for Bristol with AAA predictions and 27/42 on the LNAT - I think it's safe to say that I won't be getting an offer :frown: that was my dream uni as well - sad times.

Please don't worry I dont know how much emphasis they put on gcses as mine are good but i have similar predicted grades to you and a lower lnat of 23 and I've got an offer😊
I'm STILL waiting for Bristol with AAA predictions and 27/42 on the LNAT - I think it's safe to say that I won't be getting an offer :frown: that was my dream uni as well - sad times.

If you have good GCSE 's and a 27 LNAT score, hopefully you'll get that offer.
Original post by NOP97
anyone applying to bristol still waiting? if so, AS grades and LNAT score?

I got AABE at AS and 27/42 on my LNAT
Original post by Cholesta
If you have good GCSE 's and a 27 LNAT score, hopefully you'll get that offer.

My GCSE's weren't that great tbh - 3 A*'s, 4 A's and 4 B's :frown:
Original post by meepliox
Please don't worry I dont know how much emphasis they put on gcses as mine are good but i have similar predicted grades to you and a lower lnat of 23 and I've got an offer😊

Oh hopefully!!! Congratulations!!
Original post by LucyABr
i am still waiting too! i dont have much confidence in getting an offer either but dont give up hope yet :smile: you may not have an offer, but you havent got a rejection either!

That's very true! Positive mindset and everything will work out!
Original post by NOP97
anyone applying to bristol still waiting? if so, AS grades and LNAT score?

i got ABBB at AS and got 24 in my LNAT

People got into LSE for law with your GCSE grades. We went to Bristol law offers day and they said they looked at the whole application and graded it accordingly. They also give out 900 offers, so I'd say there's a lot more to be given out.
People got into LSE for law with your GCSE grades. We went to Bristol law offers day and they said they looked at the whole application and graded it accordingly. They also give out 900 offers, so I'd say there's a lot more to be given out.

thats impossible because last year they had 1855 applicants for all law courses and 386 places, so you're saying a ratio of 1:2 get an offer?
Just got an offer from kings college!!!
5/5 so I'm pretty chuffed
Original post by sjmyatt11

congrats :biggrin:

well done! :smile: where else did you apply?
Original post by Satoshii
congrats :biggrin:

Original post by LucyABr
well done! :smile: where else did you apply?

Thanks guys!!! I've got offers from kings, Bristol, Warwick, queen Mary's and Cardiff!
Thanks guys!!! I've got offers from kings, Bristol, Warwick, queen Mary's and Cardiff!

can i ask when you got your offer from Bristol?:smile:
congrats again!
thats impossible because last year they had 1855 applicants for all law courses and 386 places, so you're saying a ratio of 1:2 get an offer?

No I'm saying that last year most people who got offers had high GCSEs. This year I've noticed that a lot of applicants with eg 8 A* and 3 A's are not getting a place whilst others with much lower GCSE grades are getting in. It could be that this admissions selector this year is giving offers on predicted grades and ps and not being strict about GCSES.

What grades & LNAT did you get? Congrats!

Sorry I left you another post about LSE as I mentioned it. I'm sure at offer holders day they said they would be making around 900 offers this year. If you look at uni stats I'm sure they make over 60% offers.
Original post by mitchriding
What grades & LNAT did you get? Congrats!

No word from LSE?
No I'm saying that last year most people who got offers had high GCSEs. This year I've noticed that a lot of applicants with eg 8 A* and 3 A's are not getting a place whilst others with much lower GCSE grades are getting in. It could be that this admissions selector this year is giving offers on predicted grades and ps and not being strict about GCSES.

but you said you went to Bristols opening day thing and they said they are giving out 800 offers this year?
Original post by LucyABr
can i ask when you got your offer from Bristol?:smile:
congrats again!

Thank you I'm in shock, I got it January 20th and applied November 17th, if you want to go to bristol (like someone else has said) they told us on th applicant day that they give out 900 places so it may be coming soon!!

Latest

Trending

Trending