The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Inflame? Why is everyone including yourself looking for a fight on TSR? Her posts are student orientated, which a what this site is aimed for so I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve?

Thank you😀 I hope you've heard from the rest of the universities you applied to.
Original post by asgunsur
what is your lnat score if you dont mind me asking? :smile: I am waiting for Notts!

Beef on here makes this forum 10X better 👀😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an unconditional from Sussex for Law with a Language today but they're my last choice so I don't think I'll even make them my insurance, have an offer from Bristol and still waiting on Birmingham and Southampton. :biggrin:
I'm an international student applying from the US.
Original post by Cholesta
Thank you😀 I hope you've heard from the rest of the universities you applied to.

Still waiting on a reply from Warwick :s-smilie: I know quite a few people still waiting for a reply from the law department, I just wish they would get back to me soon enough? I have got an offer from kings and Notts both for A*AA and I love both campuses and teaching so I am really torn
Still waiting on a reply from Warwick :s-smilie: I know quite a few people still waiting for a reply from the law department, I just wish they would get back to me soon enough? I have got an offer from kings and Notts both for A*AA and I love both campuses and teaching so I am really torn

We went to see Bristol and Notts. it was pouring in Nottingham and my son's gut feeling at that time was that he preferred Bristol. I think it was the wrong day to see it. If he gets another offer from LSE, he wants to go back and see it as he's waited so long, he's not sure. Personally speaking I loved Nottingham and it's highly respected for law. If you really love it, go for it. The teaching is excellent. They have an amazing law society. Tbh there is nothing negative about Notts.
We went to see Bristol and Notts. it was pouring in Nottingham and my son's gut feeling at that time was that he preferred Bristol. I think it was the wrong day to see it. If he gets another offer from LSE, he wants to go back and see it as he's waited so long, he's not sure. Personally speaking I loved Nottingham and it's highly respected for law. If you really love it, go for it. The teaching is excellent. They have an amazing law society. Tbh there is nothing negative about Notts.

I agree, and the Nottingham campus was beautiful. I felt that life at Kings would be too hectic as it is London, however the lecturer i spoke to was amazing! I am veering towards Notts at the moment though. I hope your son gets into lse, wishing you all the best!
Original post by Jakejoyce97
Hi there,

I didn't want to add fuel to the fire, however I am going to.

I assume you're an aspirational Law student, judging by the fact that you're posting in this thread; might I say that primarily, you write as if you were an infant. Secondly, your arguments are so ludicrous that reading what you have to say is like reading a comedy sketch.
Finally, this website is primarily made for students, I agree. However just as makeup is made primarily for women, some men wear it too... Similarly, parents can use this website at their leisure.

Oh, and I think you're an idiot.

Regards

I second this.
Original post by Anuta
Hello!
Did anyone who applied in January get an answer from either Bristol or Durham?

I applied on the 3rd of January and had an offer from Durham lasta week :-)
I agree, and the Nottingham campus was beautiful. I felt that life at Kings would be too hectic as it is London, however the lecturer i spoke to was amazing! I am veering towards Notts at the moment though. I hope your son gets into lse, wishing you all the best!

He's waited so long now, it's almost off putting. He's also heard it's not great for the all round student experience. Bristol and Notts are both excellent for law so it's just a case of making that final decision. London is hectic and the Nottingham campus is beautiful. The students looked so happy which is very important. Yes, go for Notts!
Reply 2950
He's waited so long now, it's almost off putting. He's also heard it's not great for the all round student experience. Bristol and Notts are both excellent for law so it's just a case of making that final decision. London is hectic and the Nottingham campus is beautiful. The students looked so happy which is very important. Yes, go for Notts!

honestly though why don't you spend time with your family instead of talking to kids you don't know - don't you have friends?
Original post by kyo88
honestly though why don't you spend time with your family instead of talking to kids you don't know - don't you have friends?

What's your problem exactly? I don't get this immaturity on here. The forum isn't just for students, there are many parents who lurk around.

If she wants to participate here, she will. End of. It's non of your business what she does and whom she talks to.

It all started because someone felt entitled to the thread. Well, no.
(edited 8 years ago)
@Jakejoyce97 @kyo88 @Satoshii @qwertyuipdoe @Cholesta

The world is really small, can we all get along?

Original post by *Stefan*
What's your problem exactly? I don't get this immaturity on here. The forum isn't just for students, there are many parents who lurk around.

If she wants to participate here, she will. End of. It's non of your business what she does and whom she talks to.

It all started because someone felt entitled to the thread. Well, no.

hi Stefan. Aren't you the guy from Greece who came over to UK to study for a law degree and will be returning to Greece upon your graduation, to try to repair the mess that your country is in? Is that plan still on or will you be staying put permanently in the UK?

how's things at uni? are you coping well? which subjects did you find difficult? nice to see you still active on here. I miss seeings your chubby cheeks. I wish I could pinch them.
Original post by Audrey18
@Jakejoyce97 @kyo88 @Satoshii @qwertyuipdoe @Cholesta

The world is really small, can we all get along?

hi Stefan. Aren't you the guy from Greece who came over to UK to study for a law degree and will be returning to Greece upon your graduation, to try to repair the mess that your country is in? Is that plan still on or will you be staying put permanently in the UK?

how's things at uni? are you coping well? which subjects did you find difficult? nice to see you still active on here. I miss seeings your chubby cheeks. I wish I could pinch them.

:laugh:

How many accounts do you have?

This is really weird considering i've been asked the same question at least 10 times now.
And my cheeks are not chubby, it was just that photo... :P

This is really weird considering i've been asked the same question at least 10 times now.

Lol I've definitely seen this question more than once in different threads.

Can everyone just quit beefing holy **** just ignore each other. (Hats off to cholesta for doing so for the most part)

To satoshii and others on her side: the mom may sound patronizing bc she repeats the same story but she repeats it to give background, so chill, no harm intended. I admit i also find it annoying but it's proper in that there are multiple conversations going in this thread and at some point in each of them ppl are going to give background info as they should.

General comment/to cholesta: how the hell did we move to anti-semitism so quickly, that's a big accusation to throw around, so please, if you do make it, give proof.

All of that bs aside, can we try and stay on topic? Mods?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SebastianCanuck

Can everyone just quit beefing holy **** just ignore each other. (Hats off to cholesta for doing so for the most part)

To satoshii and others on her side: the mom may sound patronizing bc she repeats the same story but she repeats it to give background, so chill, no harm intended. I admit i also find it annoying but it's proper in that there are multiple conversations going in this thread and at some point in each of them ppl are going to give background info as they should.

General comment/to cholesta: how the hell did we move to anti-semitism so quickly, that's a big accusation to throw around, so please, if you do make it, give proof.

I was able to go back and track his posts. Israel v Gaza etc. I work in education and apart from getting info for my son, I do enjoy seeing people get the results and universities that they clearly deserve.
Reply 2956
Original post by beewilde
Got an unconditional from Sussex for Law with a Language today but they're my last choice so I don't think I'll even make them my insurance, have an offer from Bristol and still waiting on Birmingham and Southampton. :biggrin:
I'm an international student applying from the US.

When did you apply, and what was your LNAT score?
I am also an international student, but applying from Romania. I have no answer from Bristol, yet I do have offers from Birmingham and Southampton, which is why I asked.

i've only ever had one account so I have no clue what you're on about. Why did you take down that pic of your chubby cheeks? You had such a wide grin that made your cheeks puff up. Is that what they call a 'greek cheek'? I did save your picture onto my computer. Let me go have a look and I'll get back to you on that.

Original post by SebastianCanuck

I've only ever had one account. no idea what you're on about.

I was able to go back and track his posts. Israel v Gaza etc. I work in education and apart from getting info for my son, I do enjoy seeing people get the results and universities that they clearly deserve.

i've only ever had one account and i definitely have never posted about israel v gaza cos i don't care about those countries one single bit. btw, im female.
Original post by Audrey18
i've only ever had one account so I have no clue what you're on about. Why did you take down that pic of your chubby cheeks? You had such a wide grin that made your cheeks puff up. Is that what they call a 'greek cheek'? I did save your picture onto my computer. Let me go have a look and I'll get back to you on that.

I've only ever had one account. no idea what you're on about.

i've only ever had one account and i definitely have never posted about israel v gaza cos i don't care about those countries one single bit. btw, im female.

Meant Satoshii, not you.
Reply 2959
"The reference provided at the time of application was from a non-academic email account, which we cannot verify. All references must come from academic email accounts, or where an academic email account is not available, must be provided on school headed paper, and signed by your referee."- This was sent to me by kcl, what do they mean it's from a non-academic email account??

Latest

Trending

Trending