The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0123456543210
I have got AAA so did all of my friends who applied there, but it seems like some people were lucky enough to get AAB offers.

I got AAB!! Whoooop! :wink:
Original post by saule1116
Went to the interview, got the offer. Super excited. :biggrin:

how was the interview at York, what sort of questions they asked got mine next month so nervous :frown:
Reply 862
Applied (mid-November) to:
-King's
-LSE
-Queen Mary
-UCL
-Edinburgh

Sat the LNAT days before I applied!

IB: 41
HL: 7,6,6

Only one offer so far: Queen Mary, two days after applying :colondollar:
Original post by dodo15
How's everyone doing now?

I've got offers from Leeds, Exeter and Birmingham but rejected by UCL.

Just waiting on Bristol, have many of you heard back from them? Thanks!

How long did it take for Birmingham to give you an offer?
Reply 864
Feel like it's been ages since I've been on this thread! I applied for Law on 12th Oct and have received offers from Queen Mary, Bristol, LSE and UCL. Did my Oxford interview a few weeks ago and am now just waiting for Jan 6th when they'll let us know eeep... Good luck with your applications guys and I hope you're having a restful break :smile:
Original post by dream_big
how was the interview at York, what sort of questions they asked got mine next month so nervous :frown:

Haha, they kept saying that the whole process should be seen as "match-making" (i.e. if this uni suits you and if you suit our uni) but this was just a lie.
The interview is very clearly a test and the questions are random, e.g. do you think law and religion are similar? in a world with no courts, how would you resolve your issues? etc...

Answer these questions honestly though. I thought I messed it all up by being honest, but here I am - sitting and studying with an offer for Law from York :wink:

Not really much you can do to prepare. They won't know your PS or what courses you're doing or anything like that...
Has anyone received an offer from Durham yet? Sitting here waiting as I've already heard from my other choices...
I've got offers from Aberdeen, Cardiff and Dundee but am still waiting on Bristol and York. Really want to go to Bristol! Think my LNAT went well. I've got good GCSES (7A*3A) but my AS are just average (AABC). I've dropped the French which I got a C and am predicted A*AB so hopefully I'll get an offer!
i've applied to KCL, Nottingham, York, Bristol and SOAS in early November. I've had offers from the first two and am still waiting for the other three
Original post by fckinfightme
i've applied to KCL, Nottingham, York, Bristol and SOAS in early November. I've had offers from the first two and am still waiting for the other three

Congratulations on your offers!! :biggrin:
Did they ask for interviews?
Original post by TopfahadHussein
Congratulations on your offers!! :biggrin:
Did they ask for interviews?

Thank you + nope, just got the conditional offers. I think York is the only one of my choices that interviews.
Original post by Worth.it
Has anyone received an offer from Durham yet? Sitting here waiting as I've already heard from my other choices...

They'll send the majority of their offers in January or later, I imagine
Original post by JohnGreek
Most of the people who I met during my Oxford interview (4 or 5 of them) had offers from Durham - but that's possibly because they all submitted them early (pre-Oct 15th), and were pretty good students overall :biggrin:

Dying to hear back from them hahha, hopefully it will be soon.. that said I am quite content with my offers from UCL and Bristol :smile:
ive applied for Oxford, KCL, UCL, LSE and Bristol, and havent heard back from any of them yet.. the waiting is so annoying!
have many people heard back from LSE and UCL already?
Apparently Bristol do take a long time to get back... :K:
I'm still waiting for Bristol which is my top choice uni - if I get rejected I don't think I'll be going to uni in 2016 :frown:
Original post by cosmicsparrow
I'm still waiting for Bristol which is my top choice uni - if I get rejected I don't think I'll be going to uni in 2016 :frown:

why not? what are your other choices? surely one or two are on equal level with Bristol!
Original post by Marie.Gabrielle
why not? what are your other choices? surely one or two are on equal level with Bristol!

Exeter Leeds Kent and Liverpool so no, none of them are as well respected as Bristol :frown: I chose pretty safe options but after getting 4/5 I realised I wasn't happy with any of the choices I chose :frown:
Original post by Marie.Gabrielle
ive applied for Oxford, KCL, UCL, LSE and Bristol, and havent heard back from any of them yet.. the waiting is so annoying!
have many people heard back from LSE and UCL already?
Apparently Bristol do take a long time to get back... :K:

I've got offers from both UCL and Bristol but I'm also waiting for LSE :smile:
Original post by granderre
I've got offers from both UCL and Bristol but I'm also waiting for LSE :smile:

Congrats on your offer! When did you apply and when did UCL get back to you?
Original post by Worth.it

I got an offer from Durham a few days before Christmas

Latest

Trending

Trending