Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am wondering if anyone can confirm what help/support I can get for a social work undergraduate degree if i already hold a different degree (in Law).

    I am aware that you cannot get the bursary from the NHS for the first year but what support can i get for first year and subsequent years from student finance and NHS.

    I am confused about loans/grants for tuition fees as well as living costs.

    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    Normally you wouldn't get any funding if you already hold an undergraduate degree but there's an exception for social work. You would still be entitled to the maintenance loan but we would be unable to provide you with tuition fees or the maintenance grant, although you may still recieve grants associated with dependents (childcare etc). If you qualify you could also get Disabled Students Allowance and there may also be a social work bursary available through the general social care council.

“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.