Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is it sad that I watched Inside Out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The kids movie?I enjoyed it's social commentary on mental health and the stigma of mental illness as well as the way it explained how childhood memories influence how we adjust mentally as adults.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    The kids movie?
    Why would that be "sad"?

It was given a 8.5 on IMDB. Not that many movies get given that high of a score on IMDB.

So it must be really good.

ReputationRep:
    The kids movie?I enjoyed it's social commentary on mental health and the stigma of mental illness as well as the way it explained how childhood memories influence how we adjust mentally as adults.
    Of course it's not sad. If anything, your comment on how it's social commentary justifies how it's an insightful film for all ages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Why would that be "sad"?

It was given a 8.5 on IMDB. Not that many movies get given that high of a score on IMDB.

So it must really good.
    But I'm an adult should I be finding a movie aimed at children interesting? What does that say about me?

ReputationRep:
    But I'm an adult should I be finding a movie aimed at children interesting? What does that say about me?
    Yeah nobody cares tbh, I know a mum of three kids that still enjoys playing in the park and swings on the see saw and slides done the slides.

As long as you're enjoying yourself, you really shouldn't be giving a monkeys what others think of you.

Btw I am a big man myself and I still love reminiscing with animation movies, they are nostalgic and brings back child hood memories.

ReputationRep:
    I loved this film, and I'm not ashamed!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Still not over Bing Bong! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

ReputationRep:
    Never let age be an excuse from doing what you enjoy and relish in life.

Age is just a number, don't worry about society, just be concerned about your happiness and what makes you smile.

ReputationRep:
    P.S. I've moved this over to the Film forum now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh ooo)
    Never let age be an excuse from doing what you enjoy and relish in life.

Age is just a number, don't worry about society, just be concerned about your happiness and what makes you smile.

If you end up worrying too much about what other think of you, you'll just tie yourself down and be depress.
    I'm usually like that too but felt weird after watching this one. I mean I watched Frozen too but I kept it on the DL because I didn't want people to judge me. lol

It's a guilty pleasure

TBH if I heard a 20-something male talking about disney/pixar animated movies directed at kids I'd be side eyeing them and judging them but maybe that's just my insecurity.

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually like that too but felt weird after watching this one. I mean I watched Frozen too but I kept it on the DL because I didn't want people to judge me. lol

It's a guilty pleasure

TBH if I heard a 20-something male talking about disney/pixar animated movies directed at kids I'd be side eyeing them and judging them but maybe that's just my insecurity.
    Yeah I can relate, I remember this 27 year old was telling me how he enjoyed watching Madagascar, when i told him it was a kids movie, he looked at me and just sighed and rolled his eyes in despair. But since watching animations like Finding Nemo and Toy Story I take back my comment.

I guess we all judge to some extent, even if we are not fully conscious that we are doing it.

ReputationRep:
    Just means you like a good animated movie (I don't really want to say 'fun' given the more serious underlying themes, but I guess it's how it's delivered). No age limit on these things at all, and there's no shame in going to see them.
    I mean if you want to be really picky about it, technically it's a family movie so it's appealing to all ages - only difference is how your age affects your experience of it

ReputationRep:
    Not really, animated kid films are also one of my guilty pleasures as long as they're good. I recently watched Hotel Transylvania.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not at all! It's such a great film.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great film. My favourite animation since Up.

ReputationRep:
    Cried my eyes out at it, such a lovely film, I'd say it was for all ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I loved it. But it is important to remember that it is a film intended to entertain and not as an accurate portrayal of any mental illness or the biological causes of it.

ReputationRep:
    I thought everyone got by now that Pixar's films are intended to resonate with all ages. Nearly every time another one of their films comes out the reviewers go on and on about how "animation isn't just for kids anymore" lol. I'm 18 and thought it was pretty intelligent and engaging if not quite up to the level of some past Pixar films.

ReputationRep:
    Well it was still created by adults.

ReputationRep:
    Inside Out is an amazing film and not a kids film.

ReputationRep:
    No, my best friend and I who are both 20 saw it at the cinema and loved it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 6, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.