Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'll be applying to uni this year and was wondering if anyone could answer a quick question about finance.

    Will my student finance still be based on my parents income if I am not living with my parents?

    Also if it is My parents are getting a divorce and selling the house, so although currently there are two incomes, it will soon become one after I have left (and my dad has little intention of ever contacting me). Will this effect anything?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    If you're under 25 then we would need to have a look at one of your parents income regardless of whether you live with them or not. This would be the parent you feel supports you the most financially. As they are now separated we would need to see some evidence of this, if they have spoken with a solicitor about the separation then a letter form them would be acceptable, alternatively we could accept a council tax bill with a 'single occupancy' discount or a divorce document such as a decree NISI.

Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.