Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Males... Can you explain this behaviour to me please! watch

ReputationRep:
    Time and time again I see the same thing- a guy in a relationship where the girl is by miles more attractive than he is, and yet he can't seem to keep it in his pants? Even if he doesn't outright sleep with other people, oh can guarantee he'll be out flirting with girls, liking their pictures on Instagram etc. I'm not saying all boys act like this, but it's a behaviour I've seen time and time again. Just last night, some guy was very flirty with me in the club, get home and find out he's in a long term relationship! Just last week my friend found out a guy she'd been sleeping with had been dating someone quite seriously for the past year. He only fessed up because someone told the girl, I would bet he would have tried to get away with this for longer if possible.

I've seen guys pull all sorts of tricks- lying about breaking up with their girlfriend all so they can have a one night stand, like is risking your relationship really worth it?

Someone care to explain what goes on in guys heads that they always seem to want what is forbidden?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You clearly just hang out with scumbags.

Err, because women love(or are less bored) by guys who estimate themselves high and have the audacity to treat them as they determine- doesn't matter about the looks. And by the way, modern women always think that the woman is the more attractive one...this may be due to a more female supremacist society in general

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any guys who do this? I think you need to go after better men to be honest

ReputationRep:
    You're meeting all the wrong guys, love.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst girls care about looks, I feel they care more about the whole person than just looks compared with men, which is why a guy who is only slightly handsome or just average can give off a very sexy vibe

ReputationRep:
    You have not met the rest of the male demographic

Most of us are lovely, caring people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermitthefrog)
    Time and time again I see the same thing- a guy in a relationship where the girl is by miles more attractive than he is, and yet he can't seem to keep it in his pants? Even if he doesn't outright sleep with other people, oh can guarantee he'll be out flirting with girls, liking their pictures on Instagram etc. I'm not saying all boys act like this, but it's a behaviour I've seen time and time again. Just last night, some guy was very flirty with me in the club, get home and find out he's in a long term relationship! Just last week my friend found out a guy she'd been sleeping with had been dating someone quite seriously for the past year. He only fessed up because someone told the girl, I would bet he would have tried to get away with this for longer if possible.

I've seen guys pull all sorts of tricks- lying about breaking up with their girlfriend all so they can have a one night stand, like is risking your relationship really worth it?

Someone care to explain what goes on in guys heads that they always seem to want what is forbidden?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like this only applies to men....

ReputationRep:
    Wanting something forbidden isn't something only males do lmao, plenty of females do as well.

You're not hanging around with nice peeps :/

ReputationRep:
    You won't see any of THAT from me

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I found when I was with my ex, I was quite insecure seeing I'm probs a realistic 5-6 (now probs a 5 now my hair loss is more noticeable... *sigh*.... also why does everyone think 6-7 is average? lol) and she was a cracking 8. While she always said she thought I was really attractive, I noticed how much attention from guys she got and when guys said "why is she with him?", "God you're punching above your weight" or "wow how did you pull her!!!" it was a massive confidence knock. It also makes you paranoid she'll leave you for someone better looking... which in this case she actually did.

So when women thought I was attractive I was sky high. While I'm not proud of it, I did cheat because the attention was unbelievably amazing and at the time it happened it felt great. Felt completely crap afterwards but that insecurity is what was the driving force. It could be different with other people, but I never cheated on any of my other ex's or even felt tempted to, they all were far closer to my own attractiveness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.