Turn on thread page Beta

Just getting worse, and worse, and worse... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ever been in a situation where you've been faced with something you have to do eventually, but you just keep putting it off, too scared to do anything about it, and the longer you leave it the worse it gets, making the situation worse and worse for yourself?

Example (didn't happen to me, someone else ):
    Boy goes for uni interview, slightly nervous, doesn't think it went to well, says goodbye and leaves. Notices he went through the wrong door and is now in a book cupboard. Thinking he hasn't done too well in the interview as it is he decides against walking back out, but he soon realises that the interviewer isn't leaving anytime soon. So he's stuck in this cupboard, the longer he leaves it before he walks out the more of a muppet he looks. Sadly I never heard how the story ended .

Anyone else been in any similar situations?

ReputationRep:
    Haaahahaha.

No. Thank God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Ever been in a situation where you've been faced with something you have to do eventually, but you just keep putting it off, too scared to do anything about it, and the longer you leave it the worse it gets, making the situation worse and worse for yourself?

Boy goes for uni interview, slightly nervous, doesn't think it went to well, says goodbye and leaves. Notices he went through the wrong door and is now in a book cupboard. Thinking he hasn't done too well in the interview as it is he decides against walking back out, but he soon realises that the interviewer isn't leaving anytime soon. So he's stuck in this cupboard, the longer he leaves it before he walks out the more of a muppet he looks. Sadly I never heard how the story ended .

Surely the interviewer would've said "no, wrong door - that's the book cupboard" before he went in?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    Surely the interviewer would've said "no, wrong door - that's the book cupboard" before he went in?!
    He was looking down at some notes or something apparently.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...I think the person who told you the story is telling fibs!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team

that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Per chance was this boy you? I love other peoples misfortunes. Call me sadistic but its the evil irish blood in me. I always put off paying my bills/mortage/tax. I don't know why but I always get into crap for it

ReputationRep:

That is too funny!!! I couldn't help but laugh!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    that is one of the funniest things I have ever heard. Per chance was this boy you? I love other peoples misfortunes. Call me sadistic but its the evil irish blood in me. I always put off paying my bills/mortage/tax. I don't know why but I always get into crap for it
    No, it wasn't me :rolleyes:. Twas a friend of a friend.

ReputationRep:
    It's a well known bullsh*t oxbridge interview scare story. Everyone who applies gets told that one and the one abouyt throwing a brick out of a window an the one about setting fire to the interviewers paper. I think there was a whole thread of them at the oxbridgeforum at one point. I'll dig it out if I have the time.

MB

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.