Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I'm an International student and I itended to apply for Cambridge for the Mathematics course but as you can expect it, I missed the deadline of the 15th October 2015. As a french student, we're not inform on Undergraduate applications in others countries. Thus, I can't apply anymore on UCAS excepted for a deffered entry in 2017. I was surprised of the deadline, I thought that the deadline for Uk universities was 15 January 2016. I did not think the deadline was too early in the year, indeed, in our schools, the application for the 2016 Baccalaureat session ( the equivalent of the exams in the end of the sixth forms ) has still not been made !

Anyways, do you think have I a chance of applying for my course if I take an appointment in Cambridge ?

Thank in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aberaud1)
    Hi everyone,

I'm an International student and I itended to apply for Cambridge for the Mathematics course but as you can expect it, I missed the deadline of the 15th October 2015. As a french student, we're not inform on Undergraduate applications in others countries. Thus, I can't apply anymore on UCAS excepted for a deffered entry in 2017. I was surprised of the deadline, I thought that the deadline for Uk universities was 15 January 2016. I did not think the deadline was too early in the year, indeed, in our schools, the application for the 2016 Baccalaureat session ( the equivalent of the exams in the end of the sixth forms ) has still not been made !

Anyways, do you think have I a chance of applying for my course if I take an appointment in Cambridge ?

Thank in advance
    The deadline for all universities in the UK, with the exception of Oxford and Cambridge, is Jan 15th so you can still apply anywhere else in the UK for a start in September, unless it is for medicine, vet med or dentistry, for which the deadline has now passed.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...key-dates/2016

I don't understand the last part of your question, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    Good evening Carnationlilyrose,
    Thank for your response, for the last part of my question, I have been asking : Whether I take an appointment or directly call the office, Have I any chances for my application to be accepted ?

Thank in advance

ReputationRep:
    Good evening Carnationlilyrose,
    Thank for your response, for the last part of my question, I have been asking : Whether I take an appointment or directly call the office, Have I any chances for my application to be accepted ?

Thank in advance
    I'm afraid there is no chance of them accepting your application after the deadline, whether you speak to them in person or not. I'm sorry about that.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I have another question, If I apply for a undergraduate course in other universities, could I retry to enter in Cambridge for 2017 ? I expect the answer will be "no" , I think we can't change of university like that since from the moment we enter a university, we are involve in a course for the 3 or 4 years, but I prefer to ask.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I have another question, If I apply for a undergraduate course in other universities, could I retry to enter in Cambridge for 2017 ? I expect the answer will be "no" , I think we can't change of university like that since from the moment we enter a university, we are involve in a course for the 3 or 4 years, but I prefer to ask.
    You can try - there is nothing to stop you - but my understanding is that Oxbridge don't like taking students who are already elsewhere. Someone else more knowledgeable than I am can confirm that, perhaps.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    You can try - there is nothing to stop you - but my understanding is that Oxbridge don't like taking students who are already elsewhere. Someone else more knowledgeable than I am can confirm that, perhaps.
    Cambridge basically doesn't allow students to apply from other universities. Oxford is a bit more flexible.

OP you can always apply to Cambridge for a Masters, once you complete your BA/BSc elsewhere (with a high 2:1 or better).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Cambridge basically doesn't allow students to apply from other universities. Oxford is a bit more flexible.

OP you can always apply to Cambridge for a Masters, once you complete your BA/BSc elsewhere (with a high 2:1 or better).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. That explains it. I've come across former students who have applied whilst still at university, but it has been Oxford. I don't think they've got anywhere. Still, never say never. One of my schoolmates applied three times to Oxford before they finally gave in, but then that was in the Dark Ages.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Thanks. That explains it. I've come across former students who have applied whilst still at university, but it has been Oxford. I don't think they've got anywhere. Still, never say never. One of my schoolmates applied three times to Oxford before they finally gave in, but then that was in the Dark Ages.
    Cambridge admissions have said it *can* happen but would require full mutual agreement with the original uni, and even then is extremely rare. So yes basically no...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Cambridge admissions have said it *can* happen but would require full mutual agreement with the original uni, and even then is extremely rare. So yes basically no...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always worked on the basis that it is a non-starter, but it's not been a frequent occurrence, tbh.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.