Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can anything lead on from dental nursing? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hopejohnson12)
    I am currently studying towards my level 3 diploma in dental nursing and I already have a A* at alevel law, a grade E at alevel philosophy and ethics and grade E at AS art and design.

I am wondering if there is anything a dental nursing diploma can lead on to? for example would I be able to do any courses at uni, is it worth any ucas points?

I cant seem to find it on the UCAS tariff and have emailed different uni's about dental hygienist courses and they all say I dont meet the requirements. Is there anything else I can look at or is there nothing it can lead onto?
    Hi! The dental nurse qualification can help to lead you onto further education, but I don't think (could be wrong) that the qualification itself is worth any ucas points. If you are looking to do dental hygiene therapy, depending on which universities you are interested in, you could try doing 2 or more post qualifications as a dental nurse, such sedation nursing, oral health certificate, radiography etc. Alternatively you do an access course or do an A-level in a scientific subject (Biology is usually preferred). Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Abbeyy29 I am hoping to be a dental nurse, I've had a look at different jobsites but can only ever find apprenticeships. There are hundreds of dental practices in my area (Liverpool), so some of them must need new trainee nurses at some point! Do you know if they only recruit through training providers such as Harriet Ellis? Do you need to be already on a training course such as the National Diploma before practices will even consider you for a trainee position?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.