Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is BCU city south campus good? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    so I really wanna do diagnostic radiography bc after some deep searching of the course I find it interesting however the only university in Birmingham that does this course is Birmingham City University.

Im all up for going to the Uni to do the course but what puts me off is all the mixed attitude towards it, some people are saying its good but most people are saying its bad so like that leaves me confused.

I was told that the bad thing about the University is the environment not the teaching, so for my course Im gonna be at the city south campus, is anyone currently at the uni at this campus? If there is what are your opinions on the teaching.

Im really confused and would real appreciate If someone can help thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I'm a first year diagnostic radiography student at BCU. I'm at city south campus and I haven't got a single bad word to say about it. In my opinion, the environment is very good. Have you been told these negatives by other health students? Bear in mind that city south campus is purely for health courses, so you're not mixing with other faculties. Essentially it's one big health campus (that's about to get even bigger due to an expansion coming up). There are a few BCU campuses around Birmingham so what someone might have told you about one campus may not be true for another.

Go to an open day and see it for yourself, I'm pretty sure your fears will disappear once you see what they have to offer. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    I'm a first year diagnostic radiography student at BCU. I'm at city south campus and I haven't got a single bad word to say about it. In my opinion, the environment is very good. Have you been told these negatives by other health students? Bear in mind that city south campus is purely for health courses, so you're not mixing with other faculties. Essentially it's one big health campus (that's about to get even bigger due to an expansion coming up). There are a few BCU campuses around Birmingham so what someone might have told you about one campus may not be true for another.

Go to an open day and see it for yourself, I'm pretty sure your fears will disappear once you see what they have to offer. Good luck.
    Well people who don't go to BCU have told me, I don't think they know about the city south campus so I guess you're right. And like someone said on the previous thread that the placements are far, exactly how far are they?
    Its just currently I pay for my education bc I go to a private college and I want to be cautious where I apply and whether its worth it. Also I am going to an open day on 14th Nov so hopefully i'll be able to get everything else cleared up. Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnbourgeois)
    Well people who don't go to BCU have told me, I don't think they know about the city south campus so I guess you're right. And like someone said on the previous thread that the placements are far, exactly how far are they?
    Its just currently I pay for my education bc I go to a private college and I want to be cautious where I apply and whether its worth it. Also I am going to an open day on 14th Nov so hopefully i'll be able to get everything else cleared up. Thank you x
    Most placements are grouped into 2-3's and they can be quite far. Personally I have one most furthest away (Hereford) but I also have 2 closer hospitals so it's not all bad. I'll PM you later with more info on placements. I'm at uni right now.

You say you currently pay for your education. Are you aware that Radiography is an NHS funded course? You won't have to pay tuition fees. You can also claim back on your travel expenses when you go on placement.

Have fun at the open day. You'll enjoy it. Ask loads of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJay)
    Most placements are grouped into 2-3's and they can be quite far. Personally I have one most furthest away (Hereford) but I also have 2 closer hospitals so it's not all bad. I'll PM you later with more info on placements. I'm at uni right now.

You say you currently pay for your education. Are you aware that Radiography is an NHS funded course? You won't have to pay tuition fees. You can also claim back on your travel expenses when you go on placement.

Have fun at the open day. You'll enjoy it. Ask loads of questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    wait so you don't have to pay back 27k? and hey take your time its fine but thank you so much, you lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders

ReputationRep:
    Correct. You don't pay back the fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah I've just checked that on the bcu website, that's pretty cool
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by lnbourgeois)
    We're pleased to hear you're coming to our Open Day this Saturday. Let us know what you think. We would love to hear your views.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.