Anyone seen these?

ReputationRep:
    No one?

ReputationRep:
    nope...explain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Anyone seen these?
    Went to see AND1 at Crystal Palace in the winter and they were amazing! It cost nothing to go and see it because the tickets were given out for nothing in London Footlocker stores. They were doing simply ridiculous moves on the court and very few of the routines were rehearsed.

As for the Mixtapes, I've seen two on a mate's DVD and they used to come on NASN sports when it was on free trial. Having seen them live, I can honestly say that the stuff they do is amazing - Half-man, AO and Helicopter pulled off some stupifying stuff. Escalade (whose body weight probably approximates to the vehicle) was funny to watch and tired very quickly, resorting to some humorous foul tactics v. early on.

The next time they do a European tour you should go, especially if it's free tickets again! You can get the mixtapes off P2P, otherwise, I think they are usually packaged with their trainers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Went to see AND1 at Crystal Palace in the winter and they were amazing! It cost nothing to go and see it because the tickets were given out for nothing in London Footlocker stores. They were doing simply ridiculous moves on the court and very few of the routines were rehearsed.

As for the Mixtapes, I've seen two on a mate's DVD and they used to come on NASN sports when it was on free trial. Having seen them live, I can honestly say that the stuff they do is amazing - Half-man, AO and Helicopter pulled off some stupifying stuff. Escalade (whose body weight probably approximates to the vehicle) was funny to watch and tired very quickly, resorting to some humorous foul tactics v. early on.

The next time they do a European tour you should go, especially if it's free tickets again! You can get the mixtapes off P2P, otherwise, I think they are usually packaged with their trainers.
    I downloaded all the volumes...Im slightly confused, is there not alot of rule breaking in some of the moves they do? Seeing the videos some of the stuff doesnt look *that* impressive and seem very do-able..

ReputationRep:
    yes, my brother has them.

ReputationRep:
    I've got volumes 5 and 6.

ReputationRep:
    I think they are usually packaged with their trainers.
    Err, not true unless they've only recently started doing that.

ReputationRep:
    nah, My brother got a new pair of basketball And1's and the guy at the store gave him a whole heap. Personally Ill stick with my AirFlights, Im loyal.

ReputationRep:
    I had a pair of AND1s, but now I wear Nike Air Double Doubles. There's a really cool pair of Converse kicks I want though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Err, not true unless they've only recently started doing that.
    My mate got given a pile of DVDs when he bought a pair.

ReputationRep:
    My mate got given a pile of DVDs when he bought a pair.
    When was that? I got nothing when I got mine (2001).

ReputationRep:
    I downloaded all the volumes...Im slightly confused, is there not alot of rule breaking in some of the moves they do? Seeing the videos some of the stuff doesnt look *that* impressive and seem very do-able..
    Yeh, but that's the essence of it. To be honest, I saw the mixtapes before I went and I wasn't massively impressed - because 80% of the stuff did look to 'do-able'. In the flesh though, it is mightily impressive and to consider that they bounced the ball from the centre spot, off the backboard for some oncoming guy to alleyoop it (on a fairly big court) with ease - it was a spectacle. I think the whole thing is intended to be a bit of a basketball/streetball/novelty crossover.

The game I saw at Crystal Palace (And1 allstars versus some random London people who went to a trial) was blatantly staged because the scores were obviously being kept fairly level to ensure a 'tense finale'. There was quite a lot of variation in the And1 players too, some of them were clearly exceptional talents, but a few seemed like filler material.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    When was that? I got nothing when I got mine (2001).
    About 18 months ago for one guy and I know somebody who got them a few months ago. So yeh, it must be a recent thing - either that or you were schemed.

ReputationRep:
    About 18 months ago for one guy and I know somebody who got them a few months ago. So yeh, it must be a recent thing - either that or you were schemed.
    Where did he get them from then? I got mine from a Footlocker in NY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Where did he get them from then? I got mine from a Footlocker in NY.
    Footlocker in Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    My Bro got his form Footlocker.

ReputationRep:
    Streetball is all about the tricks though, the rules don't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Footlocker in Birmingham.
    Interesting .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    Interesting .
    Yeh - it's not like the Americans to be economic with merchandise. You should sue!

I was really disappointed recently by Niketown on Oxford St. It isn't very impressive at all really, and the vast majority of the stuff it sells is widely available everywhere.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.