Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a year 10 student and I recently took my English language mock exam. Today I got my results and i got an A, which i'm pleased about.
    So .. I was wondering if you can take your real GCSE exam in Year 10? If so, how can I?
    :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can take the real exam in year 10 ^-^ I took English literature in year 10,I really recommend you do if you get the chance because it's great to get it out of the way. However,I doubt you will be able to if you're whole year group is not being entered. There's lots of coursework in English language which is an expense for teachers if you are the only candidate

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can however many schools do not offer this option and those that would expect you to be working at a high grade in english maybe A*- very high B for them to submit you early. I suggest you speak to the head of english department and see what she/he says.

Yeah I took Literature. I think you should :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haleema365)
    I'm a year 10 student and I recently took my English language mock exam. Today I got my results and i got an A, which i'm pleased about.
    So .. I was wondering if you can take your real GCSE exam in Year 10? If so, how can I?
    :bigsmile:
    You can take it early, however most schools aren't doing early entries for anything anymore (except for Maths).

You did a pretty good job getting an A though, so congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can! Well you could a few years ago anyway, check with your school! I did English Literature at the end of Year 9 so I don't see why not

ReputationRep:
    thank you i hope i can, i will talk to my english teacher today
    because I'm in the first year group who will be taking the new style exams, with no grading system, but numbers instead... i won't be having any coursework... they're making it harder for us..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    You can take it early, however most schools aren't doing early entries for anything anymore (except for Maths).

You did a pretty good job getting an A though, so congrats!
    thank you
    yes.. thats true, most schools arent doing early entries.. because its getting reallyy hard ..especially for my year group, as we will be sitting the new style exams. but i will try to talk to my english teacher and see if i can

ReputationRep:
    thank you i hope i can, i will talk to my english teacher today
    because I'm in the first year group who will be taking the new style exams, with no grading system, but numbers instead... i won't be having any coursework... they're making it harder for us..
    If you are preparing for the new 9-1 GCSE you will not be able to take it early as there will be no exams for this specification until 2017.
    New rules where only your first result counts for school performance measures mean that schools are much less likely to enter candidates early for any GCSE unless you are more or less guaranteed to achieve or exceed your target grade. They are also unlikely to do it for a single candidate which then leaves them with the problem of what to do with you for year 11 in those lessons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    If you are preparing for the new 9-1 GCSE you will not be able to take it early as there will be no exams for this specification until 2017.
    New rules where only your first result counts for school performance measures mean that schools are much less likely to enter candidates early for any GCSE unless you are more or less guaranteed to achieve or exceed your target grade. They are also unlikely to do it for a single candidate which then leaves them with the problem of what to do with you for year 11 in those lessons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks for letting me know i spoke to my headteacher and she said the same.
    im really stressing out though ..... its getting hard and i only get 1 attempt... if i fail..i fail.. but i really hope not...

ReputationRep:
    thanks for letting me know i spoke to my headteacher and she said the same.
    im really stressing out though ..... its getting hard and i only get 1 attempt... if i fail..i fail.. but i really hope not...
    If you are getting As you shouldn't be worrying about failing.
    And if the worst happened and you underperformed your potential then you can retake in November of the following year.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i got 2 modules for lang and lit in my gcse, which means that module one for both has to be done in year 10 or else year 11 will be a nightmare. i didnt get the grade i wanted for lang though so im resitting that in jan but yes it's possible to get As and Astar. i got A* in lit ^_^ it's not really testing your skills in lit, but memory, remember loads of quotes and points!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.