Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to find Friar lawrerence feeling after finding Romeo and Paris's death
    the extract is below and I JUST NEED THE FEELING AND LANGUAGE DEVICE FOR 6 quotes
    FRIAR LAWRENCE(approaches the tomb)     Romeo!—Alack, alack, what blood is this, which stainsThe stony entrance of the sepulcher?What mean these masterless and gory swordsTo lie discolored by this place of peace?(looks inside the tomb)Romeo! O, pale!—Who else? What, Paris too?And steeped in blood?—Ah, what an unkind hourIs guilty of this lamentable chance!The lady stirs.FRIAR LAWRENCE(approaching the tomb) Romeo!Oh no! What is this blood that stains the stony entrance of this tomb? Why are these bloody swords lying here, abandoned by their masters? Next to this place of peace?(he looks inside the tomb) Romeo! Oh, he’s pale! Who else? What, Paris too? And he’s covered in blood? Ah, when did these horrible things happen? The lady’s moving.JULIET wakesJULIET wakes up.
    JULIETO comfortable Friar! Where is my lord?I do remember well where I should be,And there I am. Where is my Romeo?JULIETOh friendly friar! Where is my husband? I remember very well where I should be, and here I am. Where is my Romeo?A noise sounds from outside the tombA noise sounds from outside the tomb.

170FRIAR LAWRENCEI hear some noise. Lady, come from that nestOf death, contagion, and unnatural sleep.A greater power than we can contradictHath thwarted our intents. Come, come away.Thy husband in thy bosom there lies dead,And Paris too. Come, I’ll dispose of theeAmong a sisterhood of holy nuns.Stay not to question, for the watch is coming.Come, go, good Juliet. I dare no longer stay.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.