Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heroes...
    i don't know how to do a good PEE paragraph i need 6 paragraphs altogether.
    I've divided it into 4 sections
    - Chapter 5 when Larry comes home for the first time
    - Chapter 7 when Francis and Larry have the table tennis match
    - Chapter 11 RAPE
    - Chapter 14 when Larry shoots himself
    i need to write paragraphs for each of these but i don't know how?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I used to be in your situation allllll the time, mostly always getting stuck because I didn't know how to explain my point. I think you might already know what PEE paragraphs are but I'll just make sure:

Point
    Evidence
    Explanation

This means that you have to state a point that you are going to make. You then need evidence to support this, always use a quotation to show as it gets you marks (especially embedded quotations). This is the (not) confusing bit, you need to say WHY Robert Cormier/Larry/Francis/whoever said/did the thing that the evidence and point says.

Always ALWAYS say WHY!!! It is so important and gains you easy marks.

I would have given you an example but you didn't include a question as to what the PEE paragraphs have to be about. I'm happy to help you whenever, just message back x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia7600)
    Hiya, I used to be in your situation allllll the time, mostly always getting stuck because I didn't know how to explain my point. I think you might already know what PEE paragraphs are but I'll just make sure:

Point
    Evidence
    Explanation

This means that you have to state a point that you are going to make. You then need evidence to support this, always use a quotation to show as it gets you marks (especially embedded quotations). This is the (not) confusing bit, you need to say WHY Robert Cormier/Larry/Francis/whoever said/did the thing that the evidence and point says.

Always ALWAYS say WHY!!! It is so important and gains you easy marks.

I would have given you an example but you didn't include a question as to what the PEE paragraphs have to be about. I'm happy to help you whenever, just message back x
    aw thanks so much, my teacher isn't a very good english teacher aha. All she said is write 6 PEE paragraphs about What you think about Larry?. I'll try, if i need anymore help i will message you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyjanee15)
    aw thanks so much, my teacher isn't a very good english teacher aha. All she said is write 6 PEE paragraphs about What you think about Larry?. I'll try, if i need anymore help i will message you

What do youthink about Larry? LarryLaSalle is an evil character in Heroes. He was known as a hero until somethinghappens at the end of the book and he has dramatically changed. We firstmeet Larry in chapter 5, when he visits Frenchtown. Francis describes Larry bysaying ‘Dazzling movie-star teeth’ this implies that Francis is looking up tohim. This could also imply that Francis describes him as a hero already. The language used in this is to make us thinkwhat he looks like and it emphasises his good looks. Also Francis says ‘he wasmost of all a teacher’. This shows us that he has a big responsibility oflooking after the children, which Francis thinks Larry could cope. This couldalso suggest that Francis admires him that he could do the job well. Cormierhas used the word ‘most’ because it makes us think that he is the mostimportant character in the book so far. I think that Larry seems like a rolemodel in the beginning of the book and there is more to come… Secondly wehear about Larry in chapter 7 when the table tennis match begins betweenFrancis and him. He describes him as ‘narrow hips of a dancer’ this is whenFrancis first meets Larry and they start a match. This implies that Cormieragain is showing his good looks. This could also suggest that he looks afterhimself well. Larry says ‘you’re a natural’ this could imply that he ispraising Francis to become a better player. This could also imply that he wantsothers to still think that is a hero by being nice. Cormier wanted us to thinkthat Larry is a very intelligent and kind person by teaching Francis how toplay with an audience. I think that Larry hasn’t shown what he is really likeyet. Next we seehim at The Wreck Centre in chapter 11, when Larry rapes Nicole Renard. He says‘the scratching of the needle on the record did not stop’. this could show usthat something bad is going to happen and that someone will regret something.Also this could imply that its going to go on for a while as the music did notstop. This is a very intense part of the novel. The reader may feel anxious oreager to see what’s going to happen next. Cormier used very strong phrasesrelating to the rape like ‘moan’ and ‘rustle of clothing’ this suggests thatsome kind of movement is going on.

thats all I've done so far no clue what to say

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 23, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.