Turn on thread page Beta

I really really like a girl at my halls, need advice watch

Announcements

There's this girl on my floor in uni halls who I can honestly say is the most attractive (personality-wise and physically) girl I've ever known, I've never met anyone like her. The thing is she has a boyfriend, it's long distance. We get on well and have had a laugh over the past several weeks, we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more. Not sure if she's into me, do girls often invite guys over for cuddles (bear in mind she was drunk when this happened)?

ReputationRep:
    I love how you trivialize the cuddling , lol i thought that was something you do with either a very good friend , or it gets sexual.

Then again what do i know ^^

ReputationRep:
    Until she breaks up with him do not get your hopes up or try to start anything with her. Respect her relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's this girl on my floor in uni halls who I can honestly say is the most attractive (personality-wise and physically) girl I've ever known, I've never met anyone like her. The thing is she has a boyfriend, it's long distance. We get on well and have had a laugh over the past several weeks, we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more. Not sure if she's into me, do girls often invite guys over for cuddles (bear in mind she was drunk when this happened)?
    Take things slowly. You've only known her for couple of weeks, you've got the rest of the year ahead of you. Keep her close and maybe give her hints that you are interested in her. People tend to dislike other people who intervene in a relationship (long distance or not). I personally would cuddle anyone I've known for more than a week when I am drunk. Besides, a lot of people get lonely at uni, and that's okay. I'd say that you wait for now, see how your relationship develops, and then make a move.
    You can still hang out with her - go to cinema, dinner together or with friends, if you study similar courses, do your studies together. Show her that it's pleasant to be around you without making it awkward for both of you. At this stage, especially with having a boyfriend, you might accidentally scare her away or just make things awkward between you two...

Thanks, I'll just keep hanging out with her and see what happens, definitely don't want to interfere with her relationship. At the moment I'm more just trying to figure out if she's into me. I did tell her one night I liked her (in that way), but there's been nothing awkward since then.

ReputationRep:
    Mind you, her bf might come and pummel you one of these weekends. Suspect you're in though..

ReputationRep:
    You need to take him out of the picture.

Find out where he lives.

Take the hammer and duct tape with you.

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be brutal here.

Thanks, I'll just keep hanging out with her and see what happens, definitely don't want to interfere with her relationship.
    Sorry, but...

I'm more just trying to figure out if she's into me. I did tell her one night I liked her (in that way), but there's been nothing awkward since then.
    "The thing is" she has a boyfriend
    we've cuddled a couple of times at night but nothing more
    You are the worst nightmare of someone in an LDR (the boyfriend, in this case). Jesus christ dude. Respect the damn boundaries, if she breaks up with him then it's okay to pursue it but you are being invasive and showing no respect to the boyfriend.

(Original post by CloakedSpartan)
    Gonna be brutal here.

Sorry, but...

You are the worst nightmare of someone in an LDR (the boyfriend, in this case). Jesus christ dude. Respect the damn boundaries, if she breaks up with him then it's okay to pursue it but you are being invasive and showing no respect to the boyfriend.
    Sorry if it seems that way but let me explain. I'm not a hugely outgoing person so I've never been in a situation like this. She has initiated all of the above, not me. I'm not a douchebag lad I'm just a guy who has no idea what he's doing.

ReputationRep:
    She has initiated all of the above, not me.
    If she genuinely seems into you and is doing this stuff, that's not the kind of person you want to be with. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    I love how you trivialize the cuddling , lol i thought that was something you do with either a very good friend , or it gets sexual.

Then again what do i know ^^
    lol I cuddled and slept (without sex) with a girl I hardly new about a week ago and we're now friends. Cuddles are nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CloakedSpartan)
    If she genuinely seems into you and is doing this stuff, that's not the kind of person you want to be with. Sorry.
    PRSOM
    I completely agree with everything you've said.
    Remember OP, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you. I know you like her but leave her alone and find someone single

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    lol I cuddled and slept (without sex) with a girl I hardly new about a week ago and we're now friends. Cuddles are nice.
    Speak for yourself lol , single beds , 2 people. nty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Speak for yourself lol , single beds , 2 people. nty.
    I have a double bed :cool:

I don't even mind it in a single though (more than enough room imo). Just feels nice when a girl has her head on my chest/shoulder and leg on me and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ChickenMadness;60105239]I have a double bed :cool:

I don't even mind it in a single though (more than enough room imo). Just feels nice when a girl has her head on my chest/shoulder and leg on me and stuff.[/QUOTE

Mkay.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    PRSOM
    I completely agree with everything you've said.
    Remember OP, if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you. I know you like her but leave her alone and find someone single
    She wouldn't cheat on her bf she's nice, I didn't say anything about wanting her to cheat on him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.