Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your favourite type of TSR troll watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really love trolls. I'm not a troll but the whole idea of making people angry by posting intentionally ignorant and irritating statements with absolute conviction is hilarious.

I've noticed there are a few kinds of troll on TSR -

1. Academic trolls - the kind that have 11a* and tell everyone they are nothing if they don't get into Oxbridge etc . Mostly these have died out since imsoacademic. I wish there were more like this.

2. Religious trolls. These are pretty funny too. The kind that play to religious stereotypes. There are a few good ones around at the moment.

3. Relationship trolls. My favourite type. Because it's such an emotive issue and people get really passionate about it. There's one guy in H&R who has some massive 3000 post thread that is still probably going. There's also that girl and the guy with Dementia lol

4. Weird / Angry trolls. Then you get the downright strange / angry trolls. The ones that post rude pictures and basically get banned within a few hours. I don't find this category particularly funny. They lack creativity.

5. Dupe account. Finally there's the dupe account possy. E Chappo, Damoni, TIP. They don't really have a set theme, they just like to cause controversy. I do like some of their work, especially Damoni, I thought he was hilarious.

What is your favourite kind of troll?

ReputationRep:
    What sort of troll would I be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    What sort of troll would I be?
    i didn't know you were a troll - I thought you were just thirsty?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    none. all trolls are horrible. how you can get pleasure from being nasty to people is beyond me. they are just bullies by a different cyber name

ReputationRep:
    The great big hairy ones :troll:

ReputationRep:
    I think im a pretty good troll

ReputationRep:
    I like the kind who always has to insist they aren't a troll, because their trolling is of such poor quality that everyone sees them for who they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    i didn't know you were a troll - I thought you were just thirsty?
    Being thirsty is me trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    I like the kind who always has to insist they aren't a troll, because their trolling is of such poor quality that everyone sees them for who they are.
    Yes they annoy me too.

ReputationRep:
    All of the regular tsr trolls are such pathetic losers, I genuinely wish the government would create stasi type agents to back trace their IP's, obtain their home addresses and slice of their testicles simply to prevent them ever reproducing.

ReputationRep:
    I like ones like coleslaw who trolls by trying to make people angry by calling them trolls, and also trying to be as patronizing as possible. It's very effective.

ReputationRep:
    You are my favourite troll.

ReputationRep:
    i'm just here for the banter. need a new life ASAP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william walker)
    Being thirsty is me trolling.
    You might want to change your approach; people think you're serious :/

ReputationRep:
    Any that make me laugh
    But I like storyteller trolls the best (If there is such a thing)

ReputationRep:
    The girl who slept with a 68 year old grandad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    none. all trolls are horrible. how you can get pleasure from being nasty to people is beyond me. they are just bullies by a different cyber name
    No one is being nasty to anyone.

Bullying is targeted. That's when someone directly attacks you.

When you make a general statement about a group of people ... What do you do if you don't agree / don't like it ? Close the thread. It's simple.

Also, most trolls don't attack people. They have a point of view which others find irritating. To call that bullying is like calling the other political party to the one you support, bullying. It's just not the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    All of the regular tsr trolls are such pathetic losers, I genuinely wish the government would create stasi type agents to back trace their IP's, obtain their home addresses and slice of their testicles simply to prevent them ever reproducing.
    What if some of them have arms and start murdering the police? Or maybe some Liberal officials?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Which type are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    The girl who slept with a 68 year old grandad.
    Nah she was ****.. in previous threads there was no consistency to her approach at all.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.