Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

This boy said he wants to go out watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This boy said he wants to go out with me. I said ill think about it and I don't know what to tell him tomorrow :/
    I don't want to go out and I don't want to say no cause it's going to sound really mean and I need a nicer way to say no :/ any ideas ?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him your a lesbian, and then until your at a point in your life when you'll never see him again, only date androgynous guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    This boy said he wants to go out with me. I said ill think about it and I don't know what to tell him tomorrow :/
    I don't want to go out and I don't want to say no cause it's going to sound really mean and I need a nicer way to say no :/ any ideas ?
    Tell him that your mother forbade you to date.

ReputationRep:
    "I can't do/make it. I'm sorry."

ReputationRep:
    Tell him your Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    'you seem like a nice guy, but...'

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest. It's going to be awkward for you and painful for him. Like ripping a plaster off, do it quickly. Also have an escape route afterwards if you're doing it face to face, phone, text etc "oh I have to go work now, speak later etc".

ReputationRep:
    Tell him youre a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    Tell him the truth

Why don't you wanna go out with him/why don't you like him?

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him straigtup you are not ready for a relationship and stop speaking to him so he doesn't feel led on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    who is it?

was the boy someone u know well or not
    how did u meet him,
    if there is something u dont like about him
    tell him
    then he'll know y u said no

ReputationRep:
    This is a skill for life, saying no to a date request kindly without fostering false hopes. "Thank you for asking but I would rather not.." gets the balance right. There are other softeners like 'too busy' ' not looking for a bf at the moment', 'already have a bf', 'only want to be friends' that are usually, although not always, understood as a polite no. It's nice that you care about someone's feelings. Good luck.

Just say you're too busy atm with work/uni/school and not in the right frame of mind to be going out

It's worked for me and theyve been understanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    Tell him your a lesbian, and then until your at a point in your life when you'll never see him again, only date androgynous guys
    Loool, My lemons at it again ;O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Don't Know 79)
    who is it?
    What do you mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0lut0)
    Tell him your Muslim.
    how's that going to change anything lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Just say you're too busy atm with work/uni/school and not in the right frame of mind to be going out

It's worked for me and theyve been understanding
    yh ;P true

ReputationRep:
    Shoot him down ruthlessly. If you're too nice about it he might still cling onto the hope that you will change your mind.

ReputationRep:
    just tell him that u are working on a project or something so .........x...........get on, another day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.