Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have recently applied for a master in Science communication at UWE Bristol.
    I registered as a student in the course, but unfortunately I could not get a Careers Development Loan yet, so I cannot pay the course by myself, apparently the course (part time) need to be registered in the Learning Funding Agency. I do not know yet if the course could be registered or not, and unfortunately I do not know if the bank will give me more rough time with another requirement, before they agreed on the loan.

Here comes the trouble, they say that as I have registered I have to pay a quarter of the tuition fee, even if I want to defer the master to next year.

Firstly, I think I did everything in the proper deadlines as my course had not started until the 24th of September, but they say that the course started on the 11th, so I incurred in a proper registration, so to speak I have to pay.
    First question--Can I avoid to pay such amount of money giving the real start date of the course?
    What if I am not going to do the course this year? Still have to pay?

In case that I cannot---Can I use that money for the tuition fee- if I defer- to the next year?
    Or another possible option that I thought of is to use that money to change the master course registration to an online course in the same subject, (not in master level, ten weeks course), could be that possible?

Anyone that can help me?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.