Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Van Halen Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

This is going to be the TSR Thread for all things Van Halen, whether it be a new tour or album, or the makings of your own replica frankenstrat guitar.

ReputationRep:
    Essentially just share anything awesome!

ReputationRep:
    They used to be awesome (specially Eddie)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think they're still awesome but there sound has changed so much and it's not as good as it once was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knoxode)
    I think they're still awesome but there sound has changed so much and it's not as good as it once was!
    I preferred Eddie when he had long hair and had a cigarette holder on his guitar. He also came up with his own techniques but now he doesn't stand out as much.

I know he is appreciated but people will only really call him a legend once he dies (like Randy Rhoads, Hendrix, Dimebag etc.)

And does Van Halen actually have any new (this decade) songs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get what you're saying dude, and no, I think I remember David Lee Roth saying that they haven't written a song together since like 1978.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh I love Van Halen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    ahhhh I love Van Halen.
    Who doesn't Aha :P, so who's a guitarist?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big Van Halen fan - well, of all their stuff with Roth up to and including the 5150 album - there's some great stuff on those early albums. I gave their latest a listen but just couldn't get into it. I had to laugh a few years ago when Wolfgang and One Direction supposedly had some words in the lobby of a hotel they were staying in, I'm sure those ***** have no idea who his father is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1973335.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watson503)
    I'm a big Van Halen fan - well, of all their stuff with Roth up to and including the 5150 album - there's some great stuff on those early albums. I gave their latest a listen but just couldn't get into it. I had to laugh a few years ago when Wolfgang and One Direction supposedly had some words in the lobby of a hotel they were staying in, I'm sure those ***** have no idea who his father is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1973335.html
    Yeh same, I'd say that Van Halen and 1984 were the best. Yeh 2012 was terrible in my opinion mainly because their tone is completely different and not in a good way. And dude! That's hilarious, One Direction are such dicks!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.