Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Netanyahu blames Holocaust on Palestinian leader watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34594563

Broadly speaking, I don't think his interpretation of the historical facts is correct; it's an exaggeration.

But the response from Islamist shills like Mehdi Hasan is truly breathtaking; they are calling Netanyahu a Holocaust denier. And none of these anti-Zionist or left-wing websites has seen fit to admit that the Grand Mufti was indeed a strong supporter of the Third Reich and that he proposed killing all the Jews before that became Nazi policy

I do wonder whether the degree to which Hasan and others are pouring forth this shrieky, high-pitched, hyperventilating invective is directly proportional to the degree to which they are desperate to prevent ordinary people from knowing that the Palestinian leadership does indeed appear to have been involved in the Holocaust? (the Grand Mufti recruited Bosniak SS battalions that assisted Holocaust operations, along with his proposing to kill all the Jews to Hitler as mentioned above)

Hasan and others are firing a full-broadside and hoping the controversy will lead the casual observer to think that it is the idea that the Grand Mufti was a Nazi-sympathiser is what has been discredited, rather than that the Grand Mufti's suggestion that Hitler should kill all the Jews was a material consideration in Hitler's mind when he made his decision about the Final Solution

ReputationRep:
    KUATB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SignFromDog)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34594563

I don't think his interpretation of the historical facts is correct; it's an exaggeration.

x
    /thread.

The rest is you clinging on to loose straws to defend a nonsensical claim.

Might as well blame Grand Mufti's wives' father's second brother's third cousin's husband for giving birth because aliens were hats.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    /thread.

The rest is you clinging on to loose straws to defend a nonsensical claim.

Might as well blame Grand Mufti's wives' father's second brother's third cousin's husband for giving birth because aliens were hats.
    Well it seems to me Dawg was saying that while Bibi's claim is a stretch, the response to it from certain quarters looks to downplay the fact that there was absolutely support for the Nazis from those such as the Mufti. As a matter of fact, there is quite widespread support in that region for Nazis even today.

It's true that the Mufti supported the killing of the Jews and actively recruited people to assist in this. What you and those such as Medhi Hassan seem to be doing is trying to downplay and even dismiss this truth by pointing at Bibi's exaggerating.

The truth is there was no need for him to exaggerate the issue as it really didn't need exaggerating. It's bad enough. Unfortunately what he has done is given an in for people like Hassan and you to try to stifle legitimate grievances of antisemitism and Nazism.

"Might as well blame Grand Mufti's wives' father's second brother's third cousin's husband for giving birth because aliens were hats."

So this is what you say about a guy who recruited an SS regiment to participate in the Holocaust? You think the fact that Bibi made his incorrect statement gives you the right to speak this way? You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. You won't be. Because dem Zionists. But you should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Well it seems to me Dawg was saying that while Bibi's claim is a stretch, the response to it from certain quarters looks to downplay the fact that there was absolutely support for the Nazis from those such as the Mufti. As a matter of fact, there is quite widespread support in that region for Nazis even today.

It's true that the Mufti supported the killing of the Jews and actively recruited people to assist in this. What you and those such as Medhi Hassan seem to be doing is trying to downplay and even dismiss this truth by pointing at Bibi's exaggerating.

The truth is there was no need for him to exaggerate the issue as it really didn't need exaggerating. It's bad enough. Unfortunately what he has done is given an in for people like Hassan and you to try to stifle legitimate grievances of antisemitism and Nazism.

"Might as well blame Grand Mufti's wives' father's second brother's third cousin's husband for giving birth because aliens were hats."

So this is what you say about a guy who recruited an SS regiment to participate in the Holocaust? You think the fact that Bibi made his incorrect statement gives you the right to speak this way? You really ought to be ashamed of yourself. You won't be. Because dem Zionists. But you should be
    Pretty sure lot of people of diverse nationalities may or may have not supported the killing of the Jews. Hitler wasn't a pawn of that grand mufti nor was he pawn of the mufti's father in law.

And I only heard Mehdi Hassan once, when he participated in some debate at a university. Never knew he was one of the "be all and end all" of the Israel-Palestinian conflict. Why do you care what he yaps about so much?

Ohhh I'm so ashamed of myslef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    Might as well blame Grand Mufti's...
    I blame the Grand Mufti for his actions in being a disgraceful Nazi dirtbag. I despair that the prevailing attitudes were such in Palestine of the 1940s that they would consent to being led by such a man.

He is responsible for what he said and did. And Netanyahu is responsible for what he said and did. Unfortunately, many "anti-Zionists" appear unwilling to accept the former, while going to town on the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SignFromDog)
    I blame the Grand Mufti for his actions in being a disgraceful Nazi dirtbag. I despair that the prevailing attitudes were such in Palestine of the 1940s that they would consent to being led by such a man.

He is responsible for what he said and did. And Netanyahu is responsible for what he said and did. Unfortunately, many "anti-Zionists" appear unwilling to accept the former, while going to town on the latter.
    You may want to put my great grandfather's best friend's German wive's second brother's best friend in your Nazi hate list as well please.

Now as obvious as it is, I can completely despair the prevailing attitude in Israel NOW and why they would consent to being led by such a man.

FYI - Hitler despised the Jews since world war 1. On one occasion even linking them to be akin to a certain unicellular microorganism. And the meeting Mr. YAHOO was yapping about was happening in the 1940s. Clearly the timelines, well you someone here has an agenda to adulterate the history books?

...Clutching on loose straws to defend a nonsensical claim. I bet you are never going to realize that

ReputationRep:
    Calling Netanyahu a Holocaust denier is a bit stupid. He's not denying it happened at all.

And "Palestine" voted in their "governement" specifically because they said, more or less, they wanted to destroy Israel and kill all Jews. So to think a "Palestinian" would instigate mass killing of Jews isn't a huge leap of faith.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.