The Student Room Group

Has anyone applied to UCL with 3 AS levels instead of 4?

Want to study psychology at uni and was thinking of applying to UCL as well, but just read their entry requirements saying they want 3 A levels (A*AA) and a pass in a further AS. I only did 3 AS levels due to health problems, so I'm wondering if there's any point on in even applying there? Do they make exceptions? Has anyone received offers with only 3 ASs?
(I'm predicted 3 A*s btw)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anastasia.bara
Want to study psychology at uni and was thinking of applying to UCL as well, but just read their entry requirements saying they want 3 A levels (A*AA) and a pass in a further AS. I only did 3 AS levels due to health problems, so I'm wondering if there's any point on in even applying there? Do they make exceptions? Has anyone received offers with on 3 ASs?

They accept an EPQ instead of a 4th AS level but I have not heard of any other circumstance. Perhaps email them and explain your extenuating circumstances?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by anastasia.bara
Want to study psychology at uni and was thinking of applying to UCL as well, but just read their entry requirements saying they want 3 A levels (A*AA) and a pass in a further AS. I only did 3 AS levels due to health problems, so I'm wondering if there's any point on in even applying there? Do they make exceptions? Has anyone received offers with on 3 ASs?

You could always email them I guess but I think it's very unlikely they'd accept you and definitely do not apply without asking them first because otherwise it would probably be a wasted application. UCL seems to be a bit more flexible with their foreign language at GCSE requirement, but not so much with their 4 AS requirement (an EPQ does count as an AS in their eyes, FYI).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending