Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

After 5 2hr lessons (10) where should I be? HELP ASAP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So Ive had 4 two hour lessons and I think the instructor is conning me because I haven't been on the main Road. This is what I have learnt so far:
    DSSSM, POM, MSM, turning left and right, turning at junctions, hill starts, clutch control and brake control, changing from 1st to 2nd gear...it takes me time to learn but I don't think I'm bad, I've only stallen like three times overall..i need to work on my braking and smoothness when changing gears..
    I don't know if this is normal? Should I be on the main road? I'm with AA and I think the instructor is really good! It's £22 an hour which is a lot...ADVICE PLEASE: should I be on the main road? Where were you after 8hrs of driving

PLEASE REPLY

thanks

ReputationRep:
    BREAKING NEWS: Everyone progresses at differently.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone learns at a different speed. There is no "right" amount of time. Your instructor will not take you on to a main road until they think you are confident enough with controlling the car. I was the exact same though when i first started learning, i was so anxious to just get on the main road that it never occured to me that i wasn't really ready.

Be patient, i'm sure you will be on the main roads in 4th gear before you know it

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.