Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive come to the realisation that I am most likely going to fail GCSE History, everything I try just doesn't go into my head and i cant learn anything. I feel stupid and embarrassed and sad. I'm in a class full of a students and im getting DS but i cant help it.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of it is exam structure, once you crack that it'll start getting easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cm99)
    Ive come to the realisation that I am most likely going to fail GCSE History, everything I try just doesn't go into my head and i cant learn anything. I feel stupid and embarrassed and sad. I'm in a class full of a students and im getting DS but i cant help it.
    Keep practising questions and you'll eventually get it. I was on E/Ds throughout year 11 but with a lot of practice I came out with a C overall (I got an A in one of the exams but a D in the other one )

ReputationRep:
    What areas of history are you studying? I am now doing A level history and got a A at GCSE and was in a similar situation to you initially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im studying Britain and USA, im finding the dates really hard to remember and general context
    (Original post by andreww1)
    What areas of history are you studying? I am now doing A level history and got a A at GCSE and was in a similar situation to you initially.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make a timeline of all the major events that crop up. I struggled a bit with dates, and where dates overlapped, but timelines definitely help (I got an A* in GCSE History and currently studying AS Level History too). I agree, the dates are the hardest part. Spend extra revising those and hopefully the rest will begin to slot into place

ReputationRep:
    As long as you believe you will fail...YOU WILL FAIL!

ReputationRep:
    If your doing American west this may be of use https://m.youtube.com/user/revisegcsehistory

I followed the American west bit religiously and got a A* for my American west paper. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi, agh I know how you feel I suck so bad at maths, and ICT even though I picked IT I regret it so bad, do you know which exam board you are doing? because then you can revise by looking at past papers that helps quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Try different revision techniques and check which one suits you best.
    Get people to test what you have learnt.
    Use Q-Cards.
    Read information in your spare time.
    Prepare well before your exam.
    Don't think that you are going to fail whilst studying you must have a growth mindset which means you have the ability to learn from your mistakes.If you have a fixed mindset it's putting all your failures in the bin and your determination.So you must be able to acknowledge why you failed and what you can do to prevent failing in the future.
    Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    High School Study Tips: Three Steps to Better Grades!
    Step 1: What Motivates You
    Do you want to attend a prestigious university, or do you thrive in competitive situations? Think about the factors that motivate you to perform at an academically high level, and set realistic goals that are challenging but attainable. A few ideas for academic goals include finishing every reading assignment before class, getting straight As in every class for one semester, pursuing extra credit assignments or keeping your grade point average above a certain level.
    Rewarding yourself is a great way to stay motivated. Rewards can include buying something for yourself or even going out to dinner with friends. You might even involve your parents as accountability partners who reward you for academic success.
    Despite the challenges you may encounter, such as difficult assignments or a low quiz grade, remember to stay committed. Instead of having a pity party when things go south, chart a path for future success and take action.Step 2: Stay OrganizedBeing organized is an important component of academic success. You can manage your time efficiently by getting a physical or digital calendar. Set timelines for short- and long-term goals and due dates for school work. Make sure to leave space for extracurricular activities and socializing.
    Keeping your study space neat can help you concentrate and make it easier to find important textbooks and notes. This also applies to your notebooks and binders: Organize your notes by class and date in a system that you find intuitive and efficient.Step 3: Develop Good Study HabitsNot only will the study habits you develop now improve your high school grades, they will carry you into college and beyond. Follow these basic tips and watch your work improve:
    • Attend class regularly and arrive on time
    • Review assigned readings and notes before each class
    • Complete assignments in advance - don't procrastinate!
    • Tackle larger projects in manageable increments
    • Allow ample study time to avoid cramming the night before a big exam
    hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    Why is everyone on this thread taking this as an opportunity to gloat about how well they did at gcse history?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but for AS history I crammed two weeks for module 2 and got 88 UMS. just quickly learn the content and do a TON of past papers. You'll be fine.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.