Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    okay i went to the dentist for a check up the other day and he had to fill a tooth for the first time, i was a little sad because it was my first one and i am only 30, does anyone have advice on how i can prevent any future decay? i do have a sweet tooth so i suppose thats not helped?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanie sands)
    okay i went to the dentist for a check up the other day and he had to fill a tooth for the first time, i was a little sad because it was my first one and i am only 30, does anyone have advice on how i can prevent any future decay? i do have a sweet tooth so i suppose thats not helped?
    You didn't ask the dentist?

Brush twice daily, floss, use mouthwash and avoid sugary and acidic food.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethanie sands)
    Hiya, I'm 18 and have already had 4 fillings (quite small) The whole time they never explained why, but last time he said it is because I have sensitive teeth and didn't have enough calcium when my teeth were forming. They explained it more technically but your teeth are more sensitive to acidic conditions (well for me anyway) so.. sugar. I now use a fluoride mouthwash which is highly recommended to prevent the sugar decay on sensitive (but all) teeth

ReputationRep:
    vitamin k2 supplement

vitamin d - one drop on the wrist

vitamin a - 3 or 4 drops on the wrist too . 4 times the amount of D for balance

that will balance it out.

eat calcium rich foods

eat sourdough bread - this removes the phytic acid. make sure it is fermented for 72- 96 hours.

Phytic acid causes tooth decay. not sugar

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.