Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My brothers girlfriend staying over makes me furious. Am I normal? watch

Announcements

For as long as I can remember, I have HATED housemates guests that come over and stay very frequently. When I was at uni, my housemate had a friend who came and didn't leave for over a month. This for some reason made me angrier than anything else ever! Now, I share a house with my brother and his girlfriend seems to be here every other day and they are always there. I tend to spend time equally at my partners house and he at mine so we don't get in people's way.

What is my problem?! Why am I so angry?

ReputationRep:
    I share your pain.

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy.

Go to your partners if you get that annoyed by it but you can't ask him to stop having his girlfriend over

It's 100% not jealousy. There's nothing to be jealous of and no reason for it, that's why I don't understand why I feel like this

ReputationRep:
    What is it about her being there that annoys you?

I think it's just the frequency of her being there that is irritating. It's literally every couple of days, so I feel a bit suffocated by her presence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't think I'd go to the extent of feeling angry, but I hate it when people have guests over. My home is my place where I can just cotch out and relax, when someone comes over who I don't know well I stop being able to relax in case I look like a slob.

(Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I don't think I'd go to the extent of feeling angry, but I hate it when people have guests over. My home is my place where I can just cotch out and relax, when someone comes over who I don't know well I stop being able to relax in case I look like a slob.
    YES! This is it. I feel like I can't relax in my own home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I think if you're the guest, you should be conscious not to hog the communal areas. Luckily I don't really care about how people percieve me, but I do like alone time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.