Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    --

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ygphamzy)
    Little background on me...I am brought up in a working class family and live in a working class area which is very diverse which I am so use to. I went to a summer school in reading which targeted students from ethnic minority backgrounds to try get them involved. I love the experience and the experience of uni life so much which made me decide to move out...

I moved to Oxford Brookes which is predominantly white middle class and i feel like i have to put on a front to try an fit in...ive made friends on my course which are cool and i get along with really well..

But I'm seriously debating whether or not to transfer unis or see uni more of a job...they say uni you have the best time of your life which i can see true when i went reading but you need the right people similar to yourself and i don't want to change myself and pretend to be something I'm not for the next 3 years
    then go to Reading if you feel happier there.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.