Turn on thread page Beta

Should I warn her? Ex problems watch

Announcements

So my ex partner I was with for just over 2 years, we broke up about 6 months ago after he cheated on me with 2 prostitutes in amsterdam, then shortly after that I found out he had cheated on me like another 4 times that I am aware of. Util this past month I did not speak with him but due to sharing the same friends group I constantly saw him and for the sake of my friends agreed to be civil with him. We have recently got close and talked alot of what has happened through.

He now has a new girlfriend which he never told me about just seen it on fb and instagram, no one knows her out my friends group and I have never interfered in a relationship in my life but I dont know if I should warn her what he is like because I know he hasnt changed as we were exchanging naughty and deep text messages less than a week ago..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Chances are if you bring it up with her, she brings it up with him, and chaos ensues in your friendship group.

Is it the right thing to do? I'm not sure.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    He may claim you're just **** stirring?

ReputationRep:
    You sound obsessed with the guy, just mind your own damn business.

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you, but she probably won't listen. We believe what we want to believe.

ReputationRep:
    you'll look salty

ReputationRep:
    You were sexting the guy who cheated on you on multiple occasions?

Congrats you both deserve each other.

And yes you could tell his new girlfriend, though what with your texts and history with him, he could very easily just lie and say you're making **** up to interfere.

The best course of action is to go no contact with him, and remain civil but otherwise disinterested in friend-group stuff.

Best of luck. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    You were sexting the guy who cheated on you on multiple occasions?

Congrats you both deserve each other.

And yes you could tell his new girlfriend, though what with your texts and history with him, he could very easily just lie and say you're making **** up to interfere.

The best course of action is to go no contact with him, and remain civil but otherwise disinterested in friend-group stuff.

Best of luck. lol
    This.

It's obvious he's a typical lowlife and she's some girl who still wants him, so will undermine his new relationship. She doesn't for a moment care about the other girl.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, just leave it. Being nice will probably backfire. Move on.

ReputationRep:
    I'd wouldn't get involved. Best you'll look interfering, worst you'll look like you want him.

Saying that if he is a decent human being he won't do it again and the past is the past.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would get involved if the said girlfriend in question was a something like a friend of mine.

Test the waters, when she is around chit chat with her. Once, she knows a reasonable amount of your history, you can then spill all the beans you want to spill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily.97)
    It's up to you, but she probably won't listen. We believe what we want to believe.
    This. She won't believe you. He's not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't get involved. Texts are hardly cheating and just because he cheated on you does not mean he will cheat on her.

And why are you having 'naughty and deep' text conversations with someone who cheated on you at least 6 times?! Have some respect for yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Na dont bother. I tried warning some girl about an ex and she didn't listen, instead she got funny with me. She knew he cheated on me and that he's a compulsive liar yet she didn't listen to what I had to say. Never will I ever go out of my way again and try my best to support someone, who actually wants to feel miserable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.