Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know this is a busy time of year, but I am having problems with some of my lecturers not providing lectures online in the way that I need so i asked to see a DDA advisor at my university
    I have been told that the earliest appointment I can have is in 3 weeks time by which point I will be on placement (which I also am worried about & wanted to ask for help with)
    Is this a normal length of time to expect to have to wait? To me it feels very unacceptable. 😕
    What are other people's experiences?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by barbaramolony)
    I know this is a busy time of year, but I am having problems with some of my lecturers not providing lectures online in the way that I need so i asked to see a DDA advisor at my university
    I have been told that the earliest appointment I can have is in 3 weeks time by which point I will be on placement (which I also am worried about & wanted to ask for help with)
    Is this a normal length of time to expect to have to wait? To me it feels very unacceptable. 😕
    What are other people's experiences?
    I think it can vary depending on how many people they have wanting appointments, if you have the contact details of an advisor then i would suggest maybe emailing them for whatever support they can give you that way whilst you wait for an appointment. Do you have DSA in place for you?

ReputationRep:
    I had to wait three weeks so it sounds normal to me

As you said
    It's a busy time x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What about emailing your disability advisor or personal tutor/advisor?
    I had to get my academic advisor to chase up my needs assessment before that happened.
    Maybe your course leader could help too? Make them aware you have an SpLD and find some areas aren't accessible enough for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I second talking to your tutor. Are you lecturers aware of your problems? I found it was a case of emailing my lecturers and telling them this is what I need and this is helpful. They were brilliant in this ascept.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.