Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

friends pitying you watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    basically my grades were kinda crap everyone was really shocked cuz they thought this sociopath must be clever then people that at new at school started saying to my face "you know what, i feel sorry for you..." apparently thats meant to make me feel better. and everyone pulls that face when i tell them im going to start an apprenticeship. have you ever been pitied?

ReputationRep:
    No. If anything goes remotely poorly in my life everyone assumes I'm lying. I'd love some pity tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinfr)
    basically my grades were kinda crap everyone was really shocked cuz they thought this sociopath must be clever then people that at new at school started saying to my face "you know what, i feel sorry for you..." apparently thats meant to make me feel better. and everyone pulls that face when i tell them im going to start an apprenticeship. have you ever been pitied?
    There there, I'm quite sure you will do well in whatever choices you have made for yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    There there, I'm quite sure you will do well in whatever choices you have made for yourself.
    Thats really kind of you Bupdeeboowah. (this is probably the last time i'd ever write all those letters together)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    No. If anything goes remotely poorly in my life everyone assumes I'm lying. I'd love some pity tbh.
    trust me when you get it youll want to kick everyone in the face

ReputationRep:
    I can kind of understand where you're coming from. I'm currently on a 'gap year' as I cannot decide what I want to do and need some time... my family and friends are just assuming I'm going to be a bum forever. It's really annoying and kind of insulting that they have no faith in me and assume that I've just given up on my ambitions. I try to convince them otherwise but they just give me that look like "yeah right"... I guess it makes me more determined to prove them wrong.

You should totally prove them wrong too! Just find a damn good apprenticeship and show them how successful and happy it makes you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazz90)
    I can kind of understand where you're coming from. I'm currently on a 'gap year' as I cannot decide what I want to do and need some time... my family and friends are just assuming I'm going to be a bum forever. It's really annoying and kind of insulting that they have no faith in me and assume that I've just given up on my ambitions. I try to convince them otherwise but they just give me that look like "yeah right"... I guess it makes me more determined to prove them wrong.

You should totally prove them wrong too! Just find a damn good apprenticeship and show them how successful and happy it makes you.
    you just made my day optimistic human

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robinfr)
    trust me when you get it youll want to kick everyone in the face
    Not really. I don't see how pity is a bad thing. Unless they are simply mistaken and think your life is worse than theirs but it is not. In which case I would simply correct them. But if my life was worse then them pitying me for it is a sign of empathy on their behalf so I wouldn't mind and if that pity causes them to try and aid me and make my life better, well then that's just awesome and I'd go so far as to say I'd like them pitying me and like them more as a result of them doing that.

I once told someone I pitied them lol. That didn't go well... But it only meant I wanted to help them and felt for them

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.