Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am going to drop out of university but when I leave, I will not have anything to do with my time. I am planning on looking for a part-time job but I don't know how long it is going to take to get one. I am also planning on teaching myself computer programming/coding, at home.

What did you do after you dropped out of university? Was there a period of time where you didn't have a lot to do?

Spoiler:
    Show
    By the way, I am 100% sure that I want to drop out. I have thought about it a lot this past week. I knew from the induction day that I didn't like it there, but I decided to stick it out for a while to see if my opinions changed. They haven't really. My reasons:
    - The course is not for me(Accountancy & Finance). I thought I would like it because I did an apprenticeship in accountancy a few years ago. There are three different classes on the course and I only find one of them enjoyable, but not enough to stay there and pay £9,000 per year.
    - I am commuting, and the train fares are costing me a bomb.
    - I don't like the local area much.
    - Too much group coursework. I prefer working independently.
    - I can't see myself doing accounting as a career anymore.

Thank you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by chocolate buttons)
    X
    Hi there,

I'm not going to try and convince you to stay at your current uni, I think that you've made it quite clear that you don't want to.

I would suggest that you look at other universities and see if you can find a course/uni that would address the problems that you've identified.

Additionally I might suggest securing a job before you leave the university, so that you've got at least some money coming in. Otherwise you're going to find yourself bored as hell and wasting opportunity to get experience.

RF

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.