Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I've had a clean record never been told off no detentions not even a late mark, but recently I've missed a few days during term time to see my sick uncle, I informed the school but they said no, don't know why they let some girl go on holiday for no reason but I'm not allowed to see my uncle who is on his deathbed, pretty crap school, but I also want to be head boy would this affect me in any way they said it would go on my record

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IshyA)
    Basically I've had a clean record never been told off no detentions not even a late mark, but recently I've missed a few days during term time to see my sick uncle, I informed the school but they said no, don't know why they let some girl go on holiday for no reason but I'm not allowed to see my uncle who is on his deathbed, pretty crap school, but I also want to be head boy would this affect me in any way they said it would go on my record
    Surely seeing an ill family member is more important than some irrelevant status position? Frankly; if your school were to hold it again you - why would you want to volunteer for them in a head boy position anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Surely seeing an ill family member is more important than some irrelevant status position? Frankly; if your schoolboy were to hold it again you - why would you want to volunteer for them in a head boy position anyway?
    Yah I guess but does it affect uni

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.