Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Worried about missing train connection watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I live in East Anglia. Tomorrow evening I have a flight back home to Northern Ireland for reading week.

My flight is at 7pm from Stansted. I was originally booked onto a connection from Norwich to Stansted changing at ELY, in the end my Physics teacher decided that it would be great if I had a practical at 2pm, so I had to move my train so now I only have an hour to catch my flight.

That should be fine as I have already printed off the boarding pass, however, there is only a 10 minute connection between changing trains at ELY, I have never been to ELY station before (only Cambridge) so I don't even know what platform I use to get the Crosscountry train to Stansted? Could someone tell me?

I'm also worried that I miss this connection as I have been delayed on this train from Norwich quite a number of times before, fortunately it wasn't a problem as there was frequent trains between Cambridge and Stansted airport.

However, ELY only seems to have one train an hour to Stansted. I don't know what I can do if I miss it? Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a way that I can I can go if I miss the e.g. Cambridge Stansted or something like that?

I am really, really worried about this connection. I have to get to the airport for 6 or 6:20 at the VERY latest. Yes I know the connection is late but when I booked my flight I didn't expect to have a practical on my last lesson.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You can check online (National Rail) for which platform you have to catch your train from.

ReputationRep:
    I've already arrived home.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.