Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

US special forces raid ISIS prison to rescue Kurds watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ages-isis-iraq

Interesting news story. I hope they killed a lot of terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Kurds are an amazing people, hope they get their independence in my lifetime.

ReputationRep:
    Excellent news! I bet a lot of the people on here would have done absolutely nothing about that ghastly situation because war is wrong and America is always evil and Saddam wasn't such a bad guy and blah blah.

America..... freedom hiding in every corner lol.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting indeed. According to the article:

"The Kurdistan Region Security Council said 69 prisoners had been freed, but said that “an initial examination showed there are no Kurds among the rescued hostages.” There was no immediate explanation for the discrepancy with other accounts of the raid."

"In a statement, the Pentagon said that five members of Isis were captured and an undisclosed number of others killed. It claimed the raid had yielded a mass of intelligence information."

And lastly, one US soldier was wounded and subsequently died after coming under fire from the Isis compound. Additionally, 4 Iraqi troops were also wounded. RIP to the departed soldier.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.