Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

What is your fun fact of the day? watch

ReputationRep:
    To keep myself entertained, I often find myself looking up random bits of information. Like people try to learn a new word every day/week etc. (I tried and failed that) I like to learn new facts. For the most part these are completely useless but at the same time I like knowing them and being able to just pass them on to unsuspecting friends/colleagues.

Today my fun fact:

Everyone will no doubt have felt that there is a pocket inside one of their jeans pockets. Whilst they are now used for coins, condoms and other small trinkets; their origin was to be used as a place to safely put your pocket watch. Whilst it is a shame that the pocket has gotten smaller so that a pocket watch would not fit there anymore, I have never actually used it for anything, not even small change. I feel it is a waste of material but at least the next time I feel my pockets and feel the watch pocket I know why it is there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    To keep myself entertained, I often find myself looking up random bits of information. Like people try to learn a new word every day/week etc. (I tried and failed that) I like to learn new facts. For the most part these are completely useless but at the same time I like knowing them and being able to just pass them on to unsuspecting friends/colleagues.

Today my fun fact:

Everyone will no doubt have felt that there is a pocket inside one of their jeans pockets. Whilst they are now used for coins, condoms and other small trinkets; their origin was to be used as a place to safely put your pocket watch. Whilst it is a shame that the pocket has gotten smaller so that a pocket watch would not fit there anymore, I have never actually used it for anything, not even small change. I feel it is a waste of material but at least the next time I feel my pockets and feel the watch pocket I know why it is there!

Wow-that is really cool. I never knew that.
    This isn't really much of a 'fun fact' but I would like say that it's Make A Difference Day this Saturday 24th October. Although it was created in America, there are still many people around the world who always celebrate this during the fourth Saturday of October each year. I have made a thread about this in the chat forum.

ReputationRep:
    1+1=2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    10+9=21 lmao

ReputationRep:
    anyway got my prescription contact lenses in for the first time ever! and i bloody love it! no more bloody glasses! omg
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Alan's fact of the day: "Crabsticks" do not actually contain any crab and from 1993 manufacturers have been legally obliged to label them "Crab flavoured sticks".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    10+9=21 lmao
    It's 9+10, jeez, get it right woman!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My fun fact is that I found out the French count stupidly (from 70 - 99)

Enjoy all da pixels:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PusE)
    It's 9+10, jeez, get it right woman!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dammit.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i know where qatar is thanks to queen-bee

ReputationRep:
    Damaging your frontal lobe may turn you into a psychopath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    People who stay up late are on average, more manipulative and more psychopathic than people who arise early in the morning.
    Apparentely.
    oh dear..

ReputationRep:
    Today's fun fact: A syzygy occurs when three atronomical bodies line up.

As a bonus, I love using syzygy as a word in hangman and watching as everyone gets mad.

ReputationRep:
    Wombats have cube poos.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    People who stay up late are on average, more manipulative and more psychopathic than people who arise early in the morning.
    Apparentely.
    What about those that do both?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Prince Charles collects toilet seats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it!

ReputationRep:
    Baby Koalas eat their mother's faeces because their stomachs are not developed enough to digest the eucalyptus.

ReputationRep:
    a baby hobbit is called a hoblet

ReputationRep:
    When a choir sing, the singers' heartbeats synchronise.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.