Turn on thread page Beta

Didn't get the job :( watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well it was at a call centre for HSBC which was a real opener in terms of career progression, there was so much there and a really good atmosphere unfortunately today I failed the assesment day. I'm so upset this job looked brilliant and I could do so much with it.

The said i can apply again a few months later which I will, if I don't get any other jobs. But still it's really got me down

Any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Well it was at a call centre for HSBC which was a real opener in terms of career progression, there was so much there and a really good atmosphere unfortunately today I failed the assesment day. I'm so upset this job looked brilliant and I could do so much with it.

The said i can apply again a few months later which I will, if I don't get any other jobs. But still it's really got me down

Any advice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Things like this happen even to the best of us.
    But use it as a learning curve. The experience you have gained from the application process will be invaluable.
    Apply to other jobs in the time being, and then you can still apply again to HSBC in a couple of months.

Don't let this get you down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickstahhh)
    But use it as a learning curve. The experience you have gained from the application process will be invaluable.
    Apply to other jobs in the time being, and then you can still apply again to HSBC in a couple of months.

Absolutely agree - better things in store for you, try again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Absolutely agree - better things in store for you, try again
    ]Absolutely agree - better things in store for you, try again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rickstahhh)

Yeah thanks, but ive had quite a few assessment days now. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Try not to let it get you down. If I'm honest, a job interview I was unsuccessful at over a year ago still plays on my mind now. In fact, I was thinking of it earlier today. Trust me, worrying about it and dwelling on it is horrible! Learning from the experience though, will help you, as my experience helped me. I thought about where I think I messed up in that interview and improved these things in future interviews, which resulted in me being successful. In fact, the next three jobs I was interviewed for, I was successful at and got the jobs! (Yeah, I know that must sound strange as the unsuccessful job interview was only last year and I've gone through some jobs since then, but I'm just trying new things and building up experience lol). It's good they've told you that you can apply again in a few months, go for it! Hopefully you'll have some success soon, sometimes, as cheesy as it sounds, when one door closes, another one opens. Hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Leonidas)
    ]Absolutely agree - better things in store for you, try again
    Absolutely agree - better things in store for you, try again http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/14.31/...es/biggrin.png

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Old Me)
    Try not to let it get you down. If I'm honest, a job interview I was unsuccessful at over a year ago still plays on my mind now. In fact, I was thinking of it earlier today. Trust me, worrying about it and dwelling on it is horrible! Learning from the experience though, will help you, as my experience helped me. I thought about where I think I messed up in that interview and improved these things in future interviews, which resulted in me being successful. In fact, the next three jobs I was interviewed for, I was successful at and got the jobs! (Yeah, I know that must sound strange as the unsuccessful job interview was only last year and I've gone through some jobs since then, but I'm just trying new things and building up experience lol). It's good they've told you that you can apply again in a few months, go for it! Hopefully you'll have some success soon, sometimes, as cheesy as it sounds, when one door closes, another one opens. Hope this helps x
    Thanks for that. Thing is decent jobs dont come around often, now im looking a normal job that will give me an income and when a decent one comes along then i'll apply to it. I know they say there'll be a better a job but this was a very good one. Oh well. Yeah ive got another interview in two weeks. So fingers crossed hopefuly i'll get feeback before that.

ReputationRep:
    Ive got the feedback and he said I did well and they were only minor errors that I did which made it difficult to judge if I could go further. So due to that would it be ok if I rang them back and say if I missed narrowly, couldnt I prove myself at the interview and then the managers can make a decision then ? I mean if im succesful they do give training/

ReputationRep:
    My mom always says if it's mine it won't go. Keep trying! :-)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 28, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.