Turn on thread page Beta

Make A Difference Day :) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, some of you may know that this Saturday 24th October, it's Make A Difference Day. Therefore, I hope that as many people as possible would be making an extra effort to help others and make a difference in their lives. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant because no matter how small your act of kindness is, it will mean a lot to someone else. I thought this thread could be used to say what you are planning on doing to make a difference.

Firstly, I think I should explain a bit about it. Make A Difference Day was originally created by USA WEEKEND magazine in 1992. Since then, they have joined Points of Light, a non-profit organisation which helps volunteers change the world, and continued to sponsor this magical day. I do understand that some people might question the celebrating of Make A Difference Day because it is American not British, but I think that it is a great idea and an event that should be brought to light over the world because although people need to be cared for all the time and not just on a single day. However, raising awareness of this day and making sure that everyone is trying their best to help others is important. If you would like to raise awareness or post anything to do with this event, please use #MakeADifferenceDay on social media.

Don't forget to post the ways you are planning to make a difference on Make A Difference Day!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.