Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Weekly food shopping - what do you pack to eat at uni? watch

ReputationRep:
    So we all know campus eating can be very expensive and I know some people take food to university to save money. So what do you buy/pack/eat?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    not in uni yet, but as an asian i am exposed to both asian and british food so i have a lot of choice, but if i dont have anything to eat, i will always have rice with some thing else...sometimes scrambled eggs will do or toasted seaweed. i would also bring noodles, but eat it moderately, it's quite bad for your body especially skin if you drown yourself in the spicy chicken powder flavouring.

ReputationRep:
    Bang some frozen meat into your freezer, I've got myself about 2kg chicken breasts and 2kg minced meat. Along with frozen pizzas, croquettes and mixed veg, for now.

Fridge: juice cartons, bread, milk, eggs, yoghurts, jam, cheese, margarine, peppers, chillies, coriander and stuff I can't remember.

Cupboards: three cereals, biscuits, dolmio sauce, pasta, rice, teabags, garlic, sugar, spices (which for some I had already prepared before i moved to uni to last me the year), beans, chocolate spread, cakes, oil, crackers, crisps, and again more stuff I don't remember.

I usually just cook meat with either rice or pasta. Be sure to put in lots of veg and less oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Twenty of these:
    http://groceries.asda.com/product/le...lemonade/24860
    ...and thirty of these:
    http://groceries.asda.com/product/no...-noodles/38976

You get me?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/mealprepsunday

This subreddit may help give you some ideas of potential meals and lunches to make to take with you to uni. It is much much cheaper taking your own food yes. Some people will spend more than I spend on my weekly food shopping just on getting a meal deal and a coffee 5 days a week whilst at university. It pretty ridiculous really, with laziness comes a price.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.