Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mum forcing me to marry a Turkish girl watch

Announcements

My parents only want me to get married to a Turkish girl. I live in London and most Turkish girls here love the western culture. However im very firm with my cultural values. I have always been different to my parents, they enjoy drinking etc. How do i convince them as theyre extremely stict?

ReputationRep:
    Well you can just not do it? In the UK forced marriages are illegal, so if you say you're not doing it, there isn't much they can do

ReputationRep:
    Don't give in to them cos if u do, you'll be ruining both your life and the girl's as you're not into her. As above said, there are laws against this.

ReputationRep:
    Well if she's hot you shouldn't complain too much and over time you can change her ways.

ReputationRep:
    If she's a peng ting do your thing cuz

ReputationRep:
    say 'no' and stay firm to your beliefs

ReputationRep:
    No thoughts OP.
    (Original post by GOKU27)
    If she's a peng ting do your thing cuz
    lmfao

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    Well you can just not do it? In the UK forced marriages are illegal, so if you say you're not doing it, there isn't much they can do
    Not normally into white girls but you're looking very beautiful in that photo. And your fierce posts coupled with your face and curls and that black dress and not overbearing makeup, wow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowKiwi)
    Don't give in to them cos if u do, you'll be ruining both your life and the girl's as you're not into her. As above said, there are laws against this.
    Nice kiwi.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your mum to contact me innit. I'd take the offer.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.