Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so beginning of term 2 I'm going to start wearing a hijab to sixth form, but feel like I've started too late as other Asian girls I know started before me, I want to hear other people hijab stories and advice on how to deal with people just making fun of it

ReputationRep:
    First of all, i would like to congratulate you for taking the initiative and the extra step in getting closer to Allah. May Allah reward you immensely you for your efforts. I think the shaytan is trying to convince you in not wearing the hijab by giving you the excuse that your other asian friends have worn it before you. Just because they wore it before you, doesn't mean they will wear it better than you. We all have to start somewhere, better later than never!

Just remember, when you cover up for the sake of Allah, Allah will cover you in the cloth of jannah when you are in your grave. Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him) said: every religion has something that it is known for and for Islam it is modesty. The hijab for woman gets you closer to this modesty and as a result people will judge you for the content of your character rather than your appearance. May Allah make it easy for you.

ReputationRep:
    The teasing (if that happens) would only last for like 2 days. People would congratulate you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.