The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

What's bad about Aston University's Student Union?

I'm looking to do Business and Politics at Aston. One of the only real complaints I've seen about Aston is its Student Union. What's so bad about it?
Original post by mangala
I'm looking to do Business and Politics at Aston. One of the only real complaints I've seen about Aston is its Student Union. What's so bad about it?

I wouldn't say there is anything particularly bad about our students union, but i guess it does have more competition with the campus being in a city centre, a number of Universities are out in the sticks and their unions have to offer far more services.

Additionally, we are building a brand new union with the aim of opening in 2017: http://www.aston.ac.uk/union/about/the-new-building/

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by mangala

Where do I start?

The union is run by up their own arse idiots.

Everything is geared towards drinking only.

The views they take are overly politically correct.

There aren't that many events and those that they do have are of a low standard.

Pretty much everyone just goes out in the city centre because of this.

The building is awful and only about half the size needed for freshers week.

They have aston aunties (usually second/third year students) who pressurise freshers into drinking games etc instead of letting people mix and make friends.......

I could go on all day it is truly **** I don't care what the uni rep in this thread says.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by paul514
Where do I start?

The union is run by up their own arse idiots.

Everything is geared towards drinking only.

The views they take are overly politically correct.

There aren't that many events and those that they do have are of a low standard.

Pretty much everyone just goes out in the city centre because of this.

The building is awful and only about half the size needed for freshers week.

They have aston aunties (usually second/third year students) who pressurise freshers into drinking games etc instead of letting people mix and make friends.......

I could go on all day it is truly **** I don't care what the uni rep in this thread says.

Posted from TSR Mobile

bmt paul i see u on every aston thread slating it are u some secret agent for birmingham uni or something
Nah just someone who wishes he knew what he knows now before gong to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest