The Student Room Group

Leeds vs Sheffield

Title says it all, Im leaning towards sheffield (even though I havent been)
Due to Leeds not appealing to me.
Please give reasons :P
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Loz8

Sheffield have sent several people to Google recently for both internships and grad roles, in California! It's also got this nifty in-house software consultancy where you get to take on the role of a software engineer in your fourth year - developing real software solutions to clients.

The department is much better, percentage in employment (top employment at that) is much better and the course looks solid!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Princepieman
Sheffield have sent several people to Google recently for both internships and grad roles, in California! It's also got this nifty in-house software consultancy where you get to take on the role of a software engineer in your fourth year - developing real software solutions to clients.

The department is much better, percentage in employment (top employment at that) is much better and the course looks solid!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the reply and I apologise for the badly worded question and title! :biggrin: I feel that Sheffield may be a strong contender for me.
Original post by Loz8

If i remember well for leeds you need two E's and LSD. Being an international student i did not get the joke.What is the joke actually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jontyfernz
If i remember well for leeds you need two E's and LSD. Being an international student i did not get the joke.What is the joke actually?

Posted from TSR Mobile

LSD is a psychedelic drug, think that's the joke.
Anyway, thanks OP for this post, helped me lean over sheffield
(although from what I've seen so far, Leeds has great uni life)

If anyone cares I'm thinking applying to Nottingham, Glasgow, Birmingham and the 2 other places between Aberdeen, Exeter, Leeds and sheffield. Advice welcome ^^

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending