A week for c1
    Perhaps 2 weeks for c2
    -but that depends on how fast you can grasp new concepts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by personalpronoun)
    A week for c1
    Perhaps 2 weeks for c2
    -but that depends on how fast you can grasp new concepts
    that would only be true for a small minority. there's a reason why schools spend a whole academic year teaching c1 and c2.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    that would only be true for a small minority. there's a reason why schools spend a whole academic year teaching c1 and c2.
    Nice greek symbol, mine is better however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian Persuasion)
    For Edexcel
    I'd say 3-4 days.

ReputationRep:
    If you go through the text book, and do an exercise a day (very doable) you can complete c1 in 2 months
    i calculated about 59 exercises (not including review exercises or practice papers) 59/7=8.5 weeks
    same probably applies to c2 except I personally find C2 a lot harder so may take slightly longer

edit: doing 1 exercise from both c1 and c2 simultaneously per day is very hard but can be done to minimise time learning allowing for more revision time
    you need c1 skills for c2 obv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian Persuasion)
    For Edexcel
    Depends, did you do FSMQ? If not it will take longer, but not too long, only because fsmq bridges the gap significantly
    With c1, not being too optimistic, you could probably finish the entire thing in half term if you dedicated yourself (And a chunk of c2 too)
    But depends on how you learn, how fast, if youre relearning etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesedrew)
    If you go through the text book, and do an exercise a day (very doable) you can complete c1 in 2 months
    i calculated about 59 exercises (not including review exercises or practice papers) 59/7=8.5 weeks
    same probably applies to c2 except I personally find C2 a lot harder so may take slightly longer

edit: doing 1 exercise from both c1 and c2 simultaneously per day is very hard but can be done to minimise time learning allowing for more revision time
    you need c1 skills for c2 obv
    This sounds much more realistic lol.
    1-2 weeks is just to grasp the concept and understand it all.
    Doing all the questions to see if you understand it fully and learning the entire book will take 2-3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you need to do all the questions to complete all of c1 + c2, just go through all the exam questions at the end of the mixed exercises in each chapter. I'd say only practice exam questions and not normal questions from the book- but then again it worked for me but I don't know about anyone else.
    P.S Solomon papers are good in that if you practice those, you'll find the real exam much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Few days for each module. About a week overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    This sounds much more realistic lol.
    1-2 weeks is just to grasp the concept and understand it all.
    Doing all the questions to see if you understand it fully and learning the entire book will take 2-3 months.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, 3-4 hours is just to grasp the concept and understand it all and 2-3 days is to do all the questions to see if you understand it fully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Nah, 3-4 hours is just to grasp the concept and understand it all and 2-3 days is to do all the questions to see if you understand it fully.
    I meant if you don't have anything else to do :P.
    I only do C1 in Maths lessons and not at home

ReputationRep:
    I meant if you don't have anything else to do :P.
    I only do C1 in Maths lessons and not at home
    Fair enough, but I find maths lessons to be incredibly slow paced, they could easily cover a whole module in 5-6 classes if they so wished, but unfortunately have to cater for a wide range of abilities, so I commend the current system as it is.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, but I find maths lessons to be incredibly slow paced, they could easily cover a whole module in 5-6 classes if they so wished, but unfortunately have to cater for a wide range of abilities, so I commend the current system as it is.
    Yeah, that's true lol. But, I wasn't clear in what I was saying :/ I have to self-learn C1 maths in class lol. My teacher is teaching the other 26 pupils GCSE Maths, I can't be put into an AS Level Maths class :P so I learn by myself. I'm not really focusing on C1 though or I'd have finished the book in two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's true lol. But, I wasn't clear in what I was saying :/ I have to self-learn C1 maths in class lol. My teacher is teaching the other 26 pupils GCSE Maths, I can't be put into an AS Level Maths class :P so I learn by myself. I'm not really focusing on C1 though or I'd have finished the book in two weeks.
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll do more than fine!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll do more than fine!
    Thank you .

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 24, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.