Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just started working at a café in the small town i live near about 3 weeks ago, it was okay at first but since i've continued going i've discovered the staff aren't as friendly as they seemed and i feel as if i haven't been trained effectively and they get very stroppy whenever i make mistakes. Since my shift last week i've been very stressed out, i cried when i got home and have found myself upset about it several times over the duration of the week. I can't stop worrying about it especially at night and I absolutely dread going, i think about it so much it's interfered with my concentration at college and I don't know what to do, it feels too early to leave.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that you feel stressed working - what in particular do you find difficult?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Why is it that you feel stressed working - what in particular do you find difficult?
    I feel under a lot of pressure from my colleagues who all know the cafe very well and i feel as if i have been dropped in with no real introduction to how the place is run, so i spend a lot of time worrying if i'm doing things wrong and i seem to take it very personally whenever someone makes a complaint. I have a history of social anxiety issues as well which puts me on edge a bit, but i don't know if that's just something i have to get over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjdm4)
    I feel under a lot of pressure from my colleagues who all know the cafe very well and i feel as if i have been dropped in with no real introduction to how the place is run, so i spend a lot of time worrying if i'm doing things wrong and i seem to take it very personally whenever someone makes a complaint. I have a history of social anxiety issues as well which puts me on edge a bit, but i don't know if that's just something i have to get over
    I have social anxiety too, and makes things like that difficult. I have the same problem, still, at almost 24. Though I find I can cope if I generally face it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    I have social anxiety too, and makes things like that difficult. I have the same problem, still, at almost 24. Though I find I can cope if I generally face it.
    good to know it's not just me how do you distract yourself from overthinking things too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjdm4)
    good to know it's not just me how do you distract yourself from overthinking things too much?
    I suppose its all about believing in yourself I suppose, and that, if you do anything wrong then it usually doesn't matter too much.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.