Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to one of the visit days at manchester uni for Maths on the 12th of November. Don't know what to wear though, do people go for suits? or is it less formal than that?

ReputationRep:
    Smart casual. People don't normally wear suits (well, there's always one...) but do try and avoid ripped jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzy.98)
    I've been invited to one of the visit days at manchester uni for Maths on the 12th of November. Don't know what to wear though, do people go for suits? or is it less formal than that?
    Are you bringing anyone??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by )
    Are you bringing anyone??
    No, allow bringing my parents

ReputationRep:
    I never actually understand all of these fashion terms. What constitutes smart casual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drizzy.98)
    I want to do maths too but how did you get invited??

ReputationRep:
    Smart shirt and trousers/jeans should be fine. Tie if you want it, but I wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    I want to do maths too but how did you get invited??
    Did you apply? If you applied for Mathematics you may get invited to interview. What is so hard to understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    Did you apply? If you applied for Mathematics you may get invited to interview. What is so hard to understand?
    Im going to apply next week :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayaz123)
    Im going to apply next week :/
    Oh sorry I forgot that not everyone has sent their application off. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisb19)
    Oh sorry I forgot that not everyone has sent their application off. Good luck!
    Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.