Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my small private school, I have a teacher who teaches both Chemistry and Physics. The problem is, he seems unqualified; every year, he ends up behind the course - to the extent of students having to come back during holidays to catch up because the class hadn't finished the course... His 'style' is to go through everything in chemistry/physics in 'full detail' meaning we run out of time to finish the course. Not to mention some of the lessons are off-course (as in using lesson time to give unnecessary details that isn't in the syllabus and will barely benefit anyone or randomly talking about unrelated subjects such as history). Worst of all, he is literally one of those stereotypical, boring and old teachers with a slow, monotone voice. Considering I just chose to do triple science, this frightens me. I don't want D's or C's but in every lesson I just feel like falling asleep. I do not have this problem in any other subject. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Work harder to overcome adversity, like everyone else in life who wants to succeed by their own merits?

ReputationRep:
    Study in your own time

ReputationRep:
    Why should education be limited by a specification?

You sound like someone who isn't very good at science and it trying to blame everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigster)
    Why should education be limited by a specification?

You sound like someone who isn't very good at science and it trying to blame everyone else.
    I'm actually very comfortable with Biology and most other subjects I take and I found that I enjoy the lessons based on how they teach and because I actually understand what they are teaching. I'm most definitely not the only one in the class that has this problem as I've pretty much asked everyone else. All I was saying is my Chemistry/physics teacher's style really doesn't suit me, and so I have asked for advice on how to overcome this. No need to jump to conclusions and be passive-aggressive for no reason lol

ReputationRep:
    Nothing you can do. In all honesty I think a good teacher tells you more than the basic exam spec and tries to give you a good understanding. You just need to study in your own time.

ReputationRep:
    You can find almost everything explained in details online so do not worry.. I recommend this channel to make sure you are not behind https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1p...qP9A/playlists

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joetalented)
    In my small private school, I have a teacher who teaches both Chemistry and Physics. The problem is, he seems unqualified; every year, he ends up behind the course - to the extent of students having to come back during holidays to catch up because the class hadn't finished the course... His 'style' is to go through everything in chemistry/physics in 'full detail' meaning we run out of time to finish the course. Not to mention some of the lessons are off-course (as in using lesson time to give unnecessary details that isn't in the syllabus and will barely benefit anyone or randomly talking about unrelated subjects such as history). Worst of all, he is literally one of those stereotypical, boring and old teachers with a slow, monotone voice. Considering I just chose to do triple science, this frightens me. I don't want D's or C's but in every lesson I just feel like falling asleep. I do not have this problem in any other subject. What should I do?
    My Biology teacher is so slow and never finishes the spec for any exam. I make sure to finish it in my own time so that I'm prepared for the exams

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 27, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.