Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to BCU to do media and communications (music industry), and was wondering if its a good university for the course/if the university is good in general? I'm also applying to Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, BIMM and ACM so if anyone knows anything about them too it would be helpful!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by san13)
    I'm applying to BCU to do media and communications (music industry), and was wondering if its a good university for the course/if the university is good in general? I'm also applying to Oxford Brookes, Bournemouth, BIMM and ACM so if anyone knows anything about them too it would be helpful!
    Hi,

Is there anything you'd like to know about the course at Bournemouth Uni? Fire away if you've got any questions!

Katie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by san13)
    Hi san13,

I’m a second year student at Bournemouth University studying BA Television Production.

I can’t tell you too much about the course because I don’t study it but I do know the media school in general at Bournemouth University is really good! It’s got a great reputation (the only centre of excellence for media production) and has all the latest facilities including a HD studio, radio suites, editing suites, apple macs and cameras which are free to hire out.

Also Bournemouth runs Nerve Media which allows students of any course to get involved in their radio, magazine or online website.

I know from my course we have lots of guest’s lecturers and it’s a great way to get industry links. Also most courses offer a work placement as part of the degree so your be able to get hands on experience.

Did you have any other specific questions?
    Gemma
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by san13)
    We're delighted to hear that you're applying to study with us. Have you come to one of our Open Days, already? If you haven't, the next one is this Saturday from 9am to 3pm. It will be an opportunity for you to talk to our lecturers and get to know us better. www.bcu.ac.uk/opendays

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.