Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

The Internet and free speech is dying. Are you comfortable with that?

ReputationRep:
    Considering one can still buys both drugs and guns online I wouldn't be too worried about the internet dying. Go and have a look round 4chan to see what free speech looks like.

ReputationRep:
    Nah the internet won't die. The CIA needs it so they can send their secret messages securely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Considering one can still buys both drugs and guns online I wouldn't be too worried about the internet dying. Go and have a look round 4chan to see what free speech looks like.
    This isn't about a literal ending of the Internet, but the freedom ad anonymity we used to have. Ideas could be expressed without being doxed or having your private information sold to corporations. This is what happens on 4chan. The NSA frequently monitor 4chan, whilst their new owner sells user iP information tied to what you say. There is a portfolio on everything you say whilst you believe you are an untouchable anonymous user. As far as I know, there are no backdoors in 8chan yet, but this is what MisterMetokur is trying to tell you: don't be complacent, this is happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wave of Wisdom)
    This isn't about a literal ending of the Internet, but the freedom ad anonymity we used to have. Ideas could be expressed without being doxed or having your private information sold to corporations. This is what happens on 4chan. The NSA frequently monitor 4chan, whilst their new owner sells user iP information tied to what you say. There is a portfolio on everything you say whilst you believe you are an untouchable anonymous user. As far as I know, there are no backdoors in 8chan yet, but this is what MisterMetokur is trying to tell you: don't be complacent, this is happening.
    Don't you use proxy or vpn?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you use proxy or vpn?
    I'll use Tor for /pol/, but this is worth a read. VPN does not make it impossible to track you down, and people have been caught whilst under the impression they were anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    I'll use Tor for /pol/, but this is worth a read. VPN does not make it impossible to track you down, and people have been caught whilst under the impression they were anonymous.
    Nothing can guarantee your anonymity even tor has weak points. But if you really care that much it isn't hard to pay for a decent VPN.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nothing can guarantee your anonymity even tor has weak points. But if you really care that much it isn't hard to pay for a decent VPN.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you actually watch the video, Dec?

ReputationRep:
    Did you actually watch the video, Dec?
    About 2 minutes of it.

ReputationRep:
    About 2 minutes of it.
    Good job. Maintaining that TSR attention span reputation then, eh.

ReputationRep:
    Good job. Maintaining that TSR attention span reputation then, eh.
    I have bettet things to do than listen to ramblings of someone suffering from paranoia, like working.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.